And The WINNER Is!

IronNoggin

CONGRATULATIONS TO WFN'S ULTIMATE FISHING TOWN: PORT ALBERNI, BC!

Grand Prize Winner: Port Alberni, BC
* Winner of $25,000 community donation
* WFN to produce and broadcast a 30-minute feature about Port Alberni, BC

Second Place Winner: Nestor Falls, ON
* Winner of a $5,000 community donation

http://www.wfn.tv/ultimate-fishing-town/

WAY TO GO BC!! Many Many THANKS to All those who helped! We DID IT!!! :D

Stay tuned for the Ultimate Port Alberni PARTY! Info coming SOON! [}:)]

Cheers,
Nog

Right On. It was frustrating at times but worth it.
Good Job Matt, I know I got a little lazy sometimes but your constant prodding kept it going.
Well Done.
Dan.

Certainly was FAR from alone in the effort!
Way too many Fine Folks to THANK! Simply wouldn't have happened without ALL</u> of You and your Support! :D

It ain't so much a Victory for Port as it is for BC! Way to go Folks!
We certainly did Git 'Er DONE!! [^]

Cheers & Thanks!
Nog - Stoked!!

Port Alberni named Ultimate Fishing Town

Carolyn Jasken, centre, her daughter Shauna and commercial fisherman Matt Stabler have led the campaign to have Port Alberni voted the Ultimate Fishing Town in Canada.
WAWMEESH G. HAMILTON/Alberni Valley News
Buy Alberni Valley News Photos Online Recommend on Facebook
others also read...
Alberni Valley News
Ultimate fish town effort
Alberni tops finalists in Ultimate Fishing contest
Push is on for final Ultimate Fishing Town voting
Port Alberni salmon festival - day two
Port Alberni Toy Run attracts 621 motorcycles

Published: October 05, 2010 11:00 AM
Updated: October 05, 2010 11:56 AM
Port Alberni is known as the Salmon Capital of the World. And now the small Vancouver Island city has been named the World Fishing Network's Ultimate Fishing Town. Alberni beat out Nestor Falls, Ont. by more than 30,000 votes for the bragging rights.

Representatives from Port Alberni will receive $25,000 to be used to fund local fishing projects as directed by the Sport Fishing Advisory Council and active members of the community.

"As far as Port Alberni winning the Ultimate Fishing Town title, I am very pleased that we can be recognized for one of our greatest assets," said Bob Cole, chamber of commerce director and passionate angler.

"As a town in transition from the declining forest-based industries and very much in need of a boost, highlighting our fantastic year-round fishing and recreational tourism will surely help fill the void".

WFN will also produce a 30-minute television special featuring Port Alberni to air on WFN in the spring. As the runner-up, representatives from Nestor Falls, ON, will receive a $5,000 award from WFN to their township to help fund local fishing projects.

"We commend the representatives from all of our participating towns, but especially those from Port Alberni and Nestor Falls, for the pride and passion they demonstrated supporting their communities," said Rubinstein.

"WFN's search for the Ultimate Fishing Town was not just about identifying the best place to catch the most fish. It was also about finding a passionate angling community and clearly Port Alberni demonstrated just that."

Chilliwack, B.C. also finished in the top 10. Dauphin, Man., with whom Port Alberni competed with in the nomination round, was third overall.

Got the e-mailed news today ...
CONGRATS PORT ALBERNI !!! and good work everyone !

Big congrats to everyone involved.[8D]

Nice to know our votes are going to help the locals get some recognition for their town and efforts made in winning this contest.:)

Congrats to Port Alberni and although I live in Campbell River, I grew up in Port and have always considered it the salmon capital of the world.

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

quote:Originally posted by fishflyguy89

A big thanks to "Lipripper" He did alot of voting!

Thx Steve but I wasn't the only one with a "list" ;)

Thx for letting me use your email.

quote:Originally posted by calmsea

Well, at least my creativity in plugging in email addresses like frank@shaw.ca or bill@shaw.ca or john@yahoo.com etc. paid off. I literally used every name I could possibly think of! I'd have plenty of name suggestions for my grandchildren now :D
Hope nobody from Nester sees that :D RECALL!!!.....RECALL!!! [:I]
Mine were valid from ppl that would not reject :)

You control-c and control-v gang rock.
Congrats to PA, you are the ultimate fishing town (for this year).:)

IronNoggin, you are welcome and I was glad to help.

GLG

Back