Amundson TMX-5 Clicker Sound

Ryan A

Had the clicker sound on my tmx-5 go silent on me the other day while line is going out. Still makes the sound retrieving line though.
Gone Fishin where I purchased them is going to take a look for me but just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I just purchased them this past spring so they don't have a whole lot of hrs on them. Thx for any reply

Usually it's a simple spring ratchet that makes the sound in most mooching reels. It is an easy cheap fix in most cases.

Ive not had any problems like that with mine, but I have noticed the pitch of the ratcheting changes slightly as you retrieve line. How do you like the drag system so far? I think its way better than the cork drags Ive used.

ok be careful when taking it apart
all that has happened is the little machine screw bolt has come out and there is a small washer spacer as well ....
quite easy to loose...
what has happened is that it just needs a tiny amount of lok-tite on the threads to hold it in place.
make sure you have the washer the right way otherwise it will lock up when tightening it back down.

of my 9 that i have only one has done this........

and its not even a 5 min job just need a large slotted screw driver and a small Phillips ...

You must really like the new drag system if you have NINE of them! Do you run 9 riggers or stack 3 rods each on 3 riggers? haha just kidding of course, what a sight that would be!

Ive not had any problems like that with mine, but I have noticed the pitch of the ratcheting changes slightly as you retrieve line. How do you like the drag system so far? I think its way better than the cork drags Ive used.

I love my Amundosn..the drag, the billet knobs, best reel I've ever had

well have been known to run 6
IMG_20150729_144548.jpg

IMG_20150509_111441.jpg

You just need a few more rod holders for the other 4 tmx's. A couple of dipsy divers starboard and port, and a couple of deep sixes either side of your center rigger and you'd almost have a full spread. Ha ha :)

After running the new TMX 5s this year, I went out on my friends guide boat in Ukie this weekend, he's running new Abels.
I couldn't stand them, they had to be so much tighter to stop creeping.
There's definitely no going back from the carbon drag on the Amundsons. And for the price, if it turns out they eventually crap out, you can just replace them.

You just need a few more rod holders for the other 4 tmx's. A couple of dipsy divers starboard and port, and a couple of deep sixes either side of your center rigger and you'd almost have a full spread. Ha ha :)
lol it just so happens to have a pr of outrigger holders on the gunnels and another set of scotty swivels so it has crossed my mind......lol

phone%20pics%20356.jpg

Had the same thing happen to one of my Amundson MSR05 mooching reels. Like wildthing said, it was the screw holding the drag clicker on that came off.

Unless I'm wrong, it seemed that you don't lose any function other than the sound. Drag still worked fine and everything else was ok. Need to replace the spring though, it got damaged when it came off.

Since my season is done, I'm sending it to Amundson for them to fix under warranty as I had a rod tip break as well.

Back