Amazing Underwater Rainbow Trout Video

FishDoc

Check out this unreal underwater footage I shot today. Rigged up my GoPro and turned out better than I expected! These rainbows are insane! I will have to test and tune my camera rig and try the new GoPro on it as well to see what else I can get. I was using a Thomas Buoyant in Red and Gold. These rainbows seems pretty aggressive. I think it was pretty neat when the second one swims right against the line infront of the spoon, now I can see why they get snagged and hooked in the side or tail. Can't wait to put some more time on the water.

[LI_0sn7nCKQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI_0sn7nCKQ

Great footage for sure.Did your release clip on your downrigger get tangled or something?Looks like the fish can't
pop it for some reason.

Brandon, was the camera attached to a D.R. ball?

No downrigger.... as far as I know you would be unable to reel in a downrigger ball, haha.

Great footage for sure.Did your release clip on your downrigger get tangled or something?Looks like the fish can't
pop it for some reason.

The camera was on the fishing line, no downrigger, no clip. The fish was fighting on the line And pulling the camera around. Around 75 feet beind the boat and was reeled in. I edited the fight a bunch since the fish was all over the place and not always in the picture.

Great shots of the take and the fishing missing several times and immediately coming back for more. Was that in B.C. or California?

Back