"Alone" T.V. Show....

I'm puting my money on Lucas to outlast the others.

I'm a 63 yr. old retired U.S. Navy, disabled veteran and I'd love the chance to be on the next show...
I got to keep checking for casting calls fof next season!!

What gets me about the people that quit ( and I've noticed this on other shows as well...most notably Bear Gryll's "The Island") is:-

As soon as it occurs to them that they don't have the mental strength or skills to do anything...they start whining about how the family needs them and how the family is more important and how the family can't make it without them.......and off they go...back to their Latte Cappucinos and drip-dry shirts..

Huh?

The family knew they were going...for a long time before the actual show. And so did they, the contestant.

The family wasn't expecting them back early....the family figured they'd be gone for the duration of the show and were watching to see how daddy would make them proud,conquering the wild.

If they can't go two weeks without seeing the family..........then they should never have signed up in the first place.

Captain Cook and dozens of other now-extinct "real men" explorers would be rolling in their graves if they were watching some of these survival shows.......

It's no disgrace to quit if you don't have the skills or find you really don't have what it takes at this time......you can't do it.......fine and good....

I have much more respect for a person that will openly admit this...instead of hiding behind the "my family needs me" lame excuse......

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a fascinating show-especially since I fish up there a lot and recognize a few places we anchor. Some guys get a better deal than others especially the one with a real running river which looks to me to be the Mahatta. I have been on several wilderness survival exercises with the military one of which was a 10 day single man (winter bush) with the contents of a seat pack. Not much of anything really-you knew you were out of there in 10 days-that was a help-these guys it is open ended. Even knowing that, we had a 30 to 40% failure rate. Interesting story (anecdotal)) there used to be a pistol in the seat pack(50's) rumour is it was taken out because a guy bailed out in northern Quebec and wasn't found for 3 weeks-he'd shot himself --because of mosquito's,blackflies, loneliness-whatever-so no weapons in the seat packs today . Man is a pack animal-and being totally alone requires a strong will-staying busy is a major help-like that guy who set himself the task to build a canoe. We'll see now it's completed whether he has a relapse or sets himself another long range goal. Not as easy as you think my friends-as they say-look in the mirror and the enemy is us!! Still a good program!!

Yeah seriously....what did they expect??

The crying is kinda sad and i agree with Seafeaver regarding using the family excuse.

Thought the show was great, amazing the work Lucas put into making that boat and rewarded with if floating. Looking forward to seeing what he does with it, if he moves his camp, looks for another location, fishes, going to be interesting.

Salmon King, here is a link to the casting call for next season, give it a go, will be a life changing experience I'm sure. It was for a lot of these guys as they were scared for their lives and some point and being alone with boat access only knowing you have to wait for the team to get there could be nerving to say the least.

Looking forward to this weeks show, getting better and better I think

Cheers

Yeah it is better and better because you don't know what self rationalization will push them over the edge. Would they quit if the cell phone wasn't there and they had to wait til the next day to pull the plug!!! Everybody has moments of weakness which you would maybe reconsider if you had the chance-- but that sat phone is always sitting there to bail you out!!!!

Yeah BC...I went to the website and submitted my info right after I posted.
Hmmm...............Wonder where the next season will be???
Snow? Desert? Swamp?

I'm sure we'd all like to know...

Yes...everybody has moments of fear, trepidation and doubt...especially in a situation like that.

It's no joke when you're gripped by overwhelming dread....real or imagined....

But I think that's what separates the winners from the losers........the ability to get past it and control it.....

Even Lucas cried his eyes out......but didn't quit......yet....

Great show...looking forward to all episodes......

The crying after a couple days is a bit much. Where did they think they were going? A resort? Other than that very entertaining show. Ive worked in Mahatta river to Lawn point area, some beautiful country. Definitely agree with the "fish out of water" comment earlier. You'll notice there is no west coasters on the show.

SK,

Nice work on getting your stuff sent in, you never know. From what I understand if there is a second season it will be up in the same area. The production company has most paper work and permits in order, they like the area, very remote, amazing scenery, lots of wildlife and they have access to most stuff they need.

I think the crying is due to the solidarity, we all think it would be easy. After seeing the locations last year and being the drop guy from 7 of them. These guys were in the middle of nowhere, solo with nothing but their pack pack. I'm thinking that would be quite overwhelming for most. Easy to post on here as to how easy it would be but if we were dropped in the EverGlades having never been there with limited supplies Alone, who knows how we would all deal with it.

Looking forward to this weeks show.

Caught the most recent episode today.My vote is for Lucas.He seems to be the one with the most drive and determination.With that boat he's gonna find all kinds of tasty critters.Can't wait until next week!

As long as he doesn't put a hole in it or tip it....

That other older guy that did the opera bit seems like he could be a contender too....

As long as he doesn't put a hole in it or tip it....

That other older guy that did the opera bit seems like he could be a contender too....

That "older guy" Alan had his age posted as 40. I thought the same thing when I saw him -- holy crap he looks old for 40....

My son and I are totally addicted to the show. No frilly Bear Grylls crap!
I have done some crazy physical stuff in my life, many that know me are telling me to apply - but none of them have much idea what the bush is like here! Those of us who hunt will have a good idea.

On tonight at 7 on History, check it out if you haven't already. Down to 4 now and $**** gets real after 18 days on the ground. Looking forward to hearing everyones thoughts tomorrow.

Cheers

Great show I thought, crazy how mobile Lucas is now. If he figures out the tides better he will be able to really explore. Guess the clams really didn't agree with him though, must have ate to many.

Seems like they are really hating the rain, tough to stay dry and warm when you have a week straight under your shelter.

Good Stuff!

Two questions;

One thing that is not clear to me from watching all episodes and going to the webpages is whether the last man be notified when all the others have tagged out or do the producers not tell the last man and wait for him to tag out on his own? This could affect everyone's strategy if they know in advance that they will be notified they are the winner.

Question two: How many more sleeps till Christmas? Lol.

Go Sam!

It would be a bummer if you quit....and then they tell you " There was only one guy left besides you, ya know........and he was on the verge of quitting".....:p

We didn't tell anyone in the game how many people were still on the ground until we picked up the winner. So no one knew if there were 10 guys still or 1, great idea I thought, kept everyone thinking who was left.

Buckets of rain last night, must be draining sitting under a tarp for a couple days.

Looking forward to next week.

Back