Allow recent immigrants OAS aftr 3 yrs not 10??

Islandgirl

Subject: URGENT OAS pensions Bill C-428 (residency)
URGENT ATTENTION About Our OAS pensions Bill C-428 An Act to Amend the Old Age Security Act (residency requirements)
And the insanity continues.................

Bill C-428 will allow recent immigrants to apply for OAS in 3 years instead of the existing 10.
This bill had first reading in the house on June 18, 2009. It was seconded by Bob Rae!! MP Ms Ruby Dhalla who introduced the bill represents the riding of Brampton whose population is mainly East Indian. Right now you have to have lived in Canada for 10 years in order to qualify for Old Age Security. She wants the time reduced to 3 years. Thousands could come to Canada when they are 62 years old, never having worked or contributed to this county's tax system etc, and qualify for full Old Age Security benefits. 10 years minimum is reasonable. 3 is not!

I have looked this up and you can too. Google C-428 and you will see this bill has only one purpose, to featherbed a select group of people for votes.

I certainly hope this bill does not get passed. It is about time we called our elected MP's to ask them to NOT support this bill. Their response may be one factor in helping us determine who gets elected in the next election.

What Can You Do?

1. Spread the message to family, friends and email buds.

2. Write letters , send emails to all your list, and call Members of Parliament

It is time Canada looked after it's Vets and long-term citizensbefore tossing OUR hard-earned money around on people who have no right to this money, never having paid taxes or contributed to our economy. If a family wishes to bring elderly relatives here and are willing to waive their own right to collect these funds in order that the elderly relatives can receive them...fine...otherwise, look after them yourself and do not expect the Canadian taxpayers to do it.
There are too many people abusing the generosity of the Canadian people. We need to stop the madness....NOW!
We, our children and our grandchildren currently owe the global investment community over $500 Billion Dollars, the sum of our accumulated National Debt that is never publicised.

CANADIAN VALUES MONITOR
PLEASE FORWARD

62802394477903127812153.jpg

Of course Bob Rae seconded it... What would you expect from a guy who forgot which party he led or province he screwed up.

I wouldn't get too excited about this one, for a number of reasons:

1- This dates back to 2007.

2- Ruby Dallia is a Liberal, so is Bob Rae. This is not likely to pass as it would be a private members bill.

3- This likely would have died when the House was prorogued recently.

4 - Ruby Dallia's website has nothing on this since an entry in 2007.

5 - Government unlikely to pass this in view of todays economic conditions.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

quote:Originally posted by Sushihunter

I wouldn't get too excited about this one, for a number of reasons:

1- This dates back to 2007.

2- Ruby Dallia is a Liberal, so is Bob Rae. This is not likely to pass as it would be a private members bill.

3- This likely would have died when the House was prorogued recently.

4 - Ruby Dallia's website has nothing on this since an entry in 2007.

5 - Government unlikely to pass this in view of todays economic conditions.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

Im cundA F,U, wHATS GOIN ON THIS IS CRAP.
\

I'm setting my priorities. I'm making time for fishing.

Back