All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s awesome that you listened to the whole interview. So many people just read headlines and pick and choose these days and that’s trouble. Backing up our own ideas with nonsense happens for sure.

Do you feel confident in Fauci? I want to but I can also be pretty sceptical.
Whats your take on vaccine dose administration over the next 12 months?

We are fighting a pandemic so everything seems to be on the table at this point in terms of cures

There are therapeutics coming which is good news but I haven’t seen anything on how those might be rolled out. I hope we can find a way to treat patients.

Lets hope the therapeutics get us back to normal and we can be done with this COVID nonsense. Or more jabs.
Many of us have lived 50 years or more, in good health. That's because of vaccines and antibiotics. But anti-biotics, because of mis-uses such as in agriculture, are waning in efficacy. And we are also seeing more zoonotic viruses appearing in recent times. Covid was middle-of-the-road as viral infections go. We were fortunate. Other viruses spread more easily and are more virulent. Get used to this "new normal" and hope the next pandemic can also be treated with just "a jab."

This is the new normal. Viruses mutate rapidly so if we want to avoid the diseases, new vaccines will be necessary. Covid 19 is only one virus, with several mutations, already. Other zoonotic viruses are increasingly likely to show up as they move from animals to people.

We need to be much better prepared for future pandemics. With Covid we we're faced with a moderately deadly and moderately transmissible respiratory pathogen. We cannot begin to imagine the devastation — possibly even a threat to civilization — if the planet had to face a severe, natural pandemic or worse, from a virus that had been intentionally designed and engineered to spread as quickly and effectively as measles and had the aggressive virulence of filoviruses such as Ebola or Marburg. The case fatality rate for MVD is up to 90%.
I keep hearing the 'new normal'. What do you see as normal in 1-2 years? Will our lives ever be close to what we have lived up until now?

Who would intentionally design a killer virus that could devastate the planet? The same scientists that we have so much faith in now? There must be a country or individuals who are thinking of this right now? We might be in it already.

I agree that covid is a moderate, or less so, virus. Look what shape the world is in already. I may not agree with many of the posts here but when it comes to the crunch we are all on the same side. The world is a mess and it is not going to bounce back in a hurry just because we all wear masks and succumb to an increasing number of jabs. Try to look past this covid scare.

I keep hearing the 'new normal'. What do you see as normal in 1-2 years? Will our lives ever be close to what we have lived up until now?

Who would intentionally design a killer virus that could devastate the planet? The same scientists that we have so much faith in now? There must be a country or individuals who are thinking of this right now? We might be in it already.

I agree that covid is a moderate, or less so, virus. Look what shape the world is in already. I may not agree with many of the posts here but when it comes to the crunch we are all on the same side. The world is a mess and it is not going to bounce back in a hurry just because we all wear masks and succumb to an increasing number of jabs. Try to look past this covid scare.

We wear masks and get jabs and socially distance is so we don’t get a lot of Covid cases in a short period of time. Do you remember watching what happened to Italy early on in this pandemic? The stress on the medical system was too much and there were dead bodies everywhere. DEAD bodies lining the streets in major cities in Italy!

It’s happened and is happening in many other countries since, but for me, Italy was an early wake up call (for some of us). Seeing a place that is on my bucket list to travel to and vacation being shut down with Dead people everywhere. What a hoax this COVID is.

It’s not a hoax dude. It’s not just a scare either. It’s a REAL thing that kills lots of people.

Long ago in this thread, we stated that it would stay on topic and be for informational purposes for the most part. We are not going down the political path or talk of government control etc. Take that to the places on the web that thrive on that type of conversation. I have cleaned up some of the posts that were headed that way and will automatically delete any other posts that are wandering into that realm.

Guess I’ll be getting a booster when available to stay out of the hospital. Might get a sore arm again but better than losing my smell for 3 months like my 30y/o co-worker or losing my life like my friends dad, he was 54
A sore arm seems to be considered an injury from the vaccine according to some doctors haha.

It’s going to be really interesting to see how the government pushes the third dose. To get people to get their first two they took the path of alienation and division, and whether or not that was morally right if the goal is to get more people vax’d then it worked.
I’m not sure this is going to be a viable method moving forward though. I can’t imagine in 6 months the narrative shifting to the point we refer to ‘double vax’d’ the same way as we refer to unvax’d today. I can’t imagine sitting around having a conversation on whether you’d prefer your kids not to have a doctor, rather than one who is only ‘double vax’d’.
I’m curious to see how things move forward. The government may have to stick with the unpopular approach of empathy and public education, rather than the more effective approach of convincing families to excommunicate that one quirky family member that everyone loves, but refuses to get three pricks.

This is what I posted Tuesday. Perhaps some of you didn't read it, so here it is again. Might be time for a few of you to take a break from this thread.

Time to put the brakes on the rhetoric here again. The Covid discussion has reached the point where people on either side have made their choice and aren't going to be convinced that they should change their way of thinking, because someone with an opposing view shouts at them via an online fishing forum. We have come to that place in time where my "science is smarter than your science," "my publication is sound," "my research is better than your research," etc. One thing is for sure; if you search long enough on the internet you will find information to support your point of view and the source matters little because it aligns with your own beliefs. In the end, only your own experiences are likely to have any dramatic influence on changing your mind about any of this. If someone close to you suffers long term effects or dies from Covid, you may change your way of thinking about vaccines or treatments, or if they have an adverse reaction to a vaccine that is major in nature, of course you will question the validity of the vaccine. My personal experiences, and talking with people I know and trust on the front lines of emergency health care, have lead me to believe the vaccines are worth the risk, but I am not on every form of social media trying to convince others that I am right. So, we are going to elevate the level of respect here and slow down the bombardment of any back and forth that really isn't helping the cause, but will lead to useless fights.

"Austria plans compulsory Covid vaccination for all
Country goes into third lockdown amid soaring cases and announces jab mandate from February 2022
The country has the lowest vaccination rate in western Europe."

"Austria plans compulsory Covid vaccination for all
Country goes into third lockdown amid soaring cases and announces jab mandate from February 2022
The country has the lowest vaccination rate in western Europe."
It will be interesting see how this plays out over there. I think they are starting with making people stay home if Unvaxxed currently then are going to impose fines. Then what tho? Door to door visits by the gestapo?

It’s going to be really interesting to see how the government pushes the third dose. To get people to get their first two they took the path of alienation and division, and whether or not that was morally right if the goal is to get more people vax’d then it worked.
I’m not sure this is going to be a viable method moving forward though. I can’t imagine in 6 months the narrative shifting to the point we refer to ‘double vax’d’ the same way as we refer to unvax’d today. I can’t imagine sitting around having a conversation on whether you’d prefer your kids not to have a doctor, rather than one who is only ‘double vax’d’.
I’m curious to see how things move forward. The government may have to stick with the unpopular approach of empathy and public education, rather than the more effective approach of convincing families to excommunicate that one quirky family member that everyone loves, but refuses to get three pricks.
This troubles me now actually. Where is the evidence that we need the booster? I realize you do if you were 3 week shots as the effectiveness has been seen to fade by 6 month mark, but the BC/Quebec study at 6 months for our 8 week between shots was still showing 90-92% effective and no signs of slipping. We are supposed to listen to science, and science so far says we don't need the booster, but in this case we should ignore the science and get it anyway?

I will get it if the data says we should, but if data says not needed? We are supposed to take it just because they committed big $ for the supply? That rubs me the wrong way. The crappy part is that would surely make us not fully vaxxed and screw us for travel/events/restaurants if we skip.

It's getting tricky now!

This troubles me now actually. Where is the evidence that we need the booster? I realize you do if you were 3 week shots as the effectiveness has been seen to fade by 6 month mark, but the BC/Quebec study at 6 months for our 8 week between shots was still showing 90-92% effective and no signs of slipping. We are supposed to listen to science, and science so far says we don't need the booster, but in this case we should ignore the science and get it anyway?

I will get it if the data says we should, but if data says not needed? We are supposed to take it just because they committed big $ for the supply? That rubs me the wrong way. The crappy part is that would surely make us not fully vaxxed and screw us for travel/events/restaurants if we skip.

It's getting tricky now!
The data I've seen shows symptomatic infections increase about 13% at the 8 month mark for those fully vaccinated (from 94% protected to 81%) but the protection from severe disease almost unchanged (90+% protection). Seems like the elderly and immunocompromised are good candidates for a third dose at this point but the general population is not really necessary. For those counting and still thinking the "vaccine doesn't work" as stated a few times here.. since the vaccine roll out.. around 500 fully vaccinated people have died.. 8500+ that are unvaccinated. Those numbers are even more astounding when you account that the vast majority of people are vaccinated.. if anyone could educated me on how it doesn't work I'm open to hearing.

The data I've seen shows symptomatic infections increase about 13% at the 8 month mark for those fully vaccinated (from 94% protected to 81%) but the protection from severe disease almost unchanged (90+% protection). Seems like the elderly and immunocompromised are good candidates for a third dose at this point but the general population is not really necessary. For those counting and still thinking the "vaccine doesn't work" as stated a few times here.. since the vaccine roll out.. around 500 fully vaccinated people have died.. 8500+ that are unvaccinated. Those numbers are even more astounding when you account that the vast majority of people are vaccinated.. if anyone could educated me on how it doesn't work I'm open to hearing.
hmm, do you have a link to the 8 month data? As said, show me evidence we are losing effectiveness and I will tow the line.

Among respondents who’ve refused COVID vaccination, one third said COVID-19 is not a serious health threat.
75 per cent say the side effects of the vaccine are more serious than the virus itself.
Thirty-, 40- and 50-year-olds shouldn’t be dying at this level’: ,”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back