All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

An Interesting read.

and the majority of people watch the mainstream news (and dont do their own research) who are purposely scaring the **** out of people, do not surprised by that. And we know trudeau governs by this type of stuff and not science / economic / social combined reasons

My parents are snowbirds in Peoria, AZ.
At least, they have been until next month when there house of 10 years goes to a new owner (a family friend).

they are scheduled to go there at the end of this month to collect some of their belongings and are scheduled to get a vaccine within 2-3 days after their quarantine period.

so mixed feelings on my end... they are going to a global covid hotspot, and for my dad it would be game over if he gets it. But they get the vaccine pretty much right away. The dry heat down there makes his arthritis much better and it’s hard to watch him struggle here with our ****** damp cold winter weather.

An Interesting read.

Definitely interesting. I cant say this applies to Alberta to much. The minority of pepole are happy with the current restrictions. The AB government knows it's on borrowed time with them.

Definitely interesting. I cant say this applies to Alberta to much. The minority of pepole are happy with the current restrictions. The AB government knows it's on borrowed time with them.
But every time they need a poll taken they go to the commie **** hole Edmonton and take it and it comes out this way. Same as government popularity polls, taken in Edmonton, gee I wonder how those will turn out, so stupid.

But every time they need a poll taken they go to the commie **** hole Edmonton and take it and it comes out this way. Same as government popularity polls, taken in Edmonton, gee I wonder how those will turn out, so stupid.
Careful dude.. got alot of family living in what u call a Commie **** hole :)

It’s definitely not the nicest city haha but could be Winnipeg. Hahaha
I have a complete dislike and disdain for any and all cities to be honest with you. Edmonton is just not well thought of by most of Alberta certainly not by northern rednecks like myself lol. I also have a lot of family that live in that city most of them are great people, but I still don’t like the town.

Another "Mutant" COVID Strain Discovered In Japan As Greater Tokyo Outbreak Worsens​

As paranoia surrounding the dawn of new COVID "variants" reaches a fever pitch, local scientists are claiming that the Japanese Health Ministry said it had tracked down yet another variant of COVID-19 partly similar to the strains from the UK and South Africa, which are believed to be more contagious and linked to a spike in infections and potentially linked to rising numbers in the UK.

I was seeing this messaging months ago. Virus spreads person to person, surface disinfection is of minor significance.

There's a lot of psychology at work in the way we deal with the pandemic. Every day we see "othering": new panic about the UK variant, the SA variant. Island communities putting out the We Are Closed sign, because the virus comes from outside (even though later it proves to already be there).

We trust family and friends to be virus-free and continue to visit with them, when of course the virus neither knows nor cares about our familial or social trust. We diligently scrub, spray and wipe surfaces and objects while being lackadaisical about distancing or mask use, because it's human to bond with other humans and easier to point at inanimate objects as sources of infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back