All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, no challenge. I was just happy to see AB made some significant progress today. Hopefully they can keep up the progress and get the vulnerable taken care of. I can wait my turn, I’m in no rush nor concerned for myself or wife or children all pretty healthy people. Lots need it before us. The elderly are my concern, let’s get them looked after.

Nice one!

Attachments

• 1E7A3437-7AA2-4FDE-8A8B-69E1BC5A0F7B.png
    1E7A3437-7AA2-4FDE-8A8B-69E1BC5A0F7B.png
    554 KB · Views: 89
wow with all the craziness going on in the US i had not been paying attention to there cases and deaths.

over the last two days

January 6
Updates
January 5
Updates

With these new negative test requirements etc to fly back. I’m saying there’s less than a 5% chance border opens this summer. What doesn’t make sense to me is why have a 14 day quarantine period and negative test requirement. Makes zero sense and as per usual Trudeau is playing politics instead of actually doing things for Canadians.

Covid has a lag as it festers, so a negative pre-flight test, then an option for a negative post-flight test to shorten the 14 days would make sense. The new variants are behind increased flight regs cuz they are scarier.
Plus Covid is worse than ever in the US and not enough people on either side of the border will opt to take vaccine if given the opportunity prior to September. Border can't/won't open until 2022 unless the experts decide to say f ck it.
There is opportunity out there in many industries, but those that choose to stay in tourism will need large bankrolls, huge testes, and perhaps a willingness to allow guests when their own town is saying not yet.

Covid has a lag as it festers, so a negative pre-flight test, then an option for a negative post-flight test to shorten the 14 days would make sense. The new variants are behind increased flight regs cuz they are scarier.
Plus Covid is worse than ever in the US and not enough people on either side of the border will opt to take vaccine if given the opportunity prior to September. Border can't/won't open until 2022 unless the experts decide to say f ck it.
There is opportunity out there in many industries, but those that choose to stay in tourism will need large bankrolls, huge testes, and perhaps a willingness to allow guests when their own town is saying not yet.

Yes, but like Calgary is doing a negative test at airport then 2 day wait till results in isn't a bad idea and at least retirees could do that (corp groups wouldn't so places like Langara and WCFC would still be screwed) but I guarantee 100% liberals will never do that as the opposite of covidiots (aka cov-scaredShitlessIrrationally) is their base and they don't want to upset them. In our industry I will be shocked if there isn't a reduction in charter operators and lodges by at least 25-33% come 2022. With how bad the liberals are at planning there is little reason to believe they will get ahead of it and do a vaccine passport or something of the like going forward for summer 2021. We are already planning a no US market summer.

Good luck to all the guides. Proof of vaccine and proof they didn't vote for yesterday might get some folks across one day. My stepsister in Bellingham still can't visit my stepdad (her dad) in a White Rock care home without a 14 day quarantine.

Good luck to all the guides. Proof of vaccine and proof they didn't vote for yesterday might get some folks across one day. My stepsister in Bellingham still can't visit my stepdad (her dad) in a White Rock care home without a 14 day quarantine.
It's insane, so sorry for your step sister. Hell, make it so you have to take 3 tests 3 days in a row or whatever. This is completely getting out of hand in terms of these idiotic measures (ps they were extended in BC)

It's insane, so sorry for your step sister. Hell, make it so you have to take 3 tests 3 days in a row or whatever. This is completely getting out of hand in terms of these idiotic measures (ps they were extended in BC)
It's Covid that is completely out of hand.
It is my hope with these extreme precautions we will find a way thru it and get back to normal times soon.

Bonni Henry’s update yesterday was frustrating. Again she calls for everyone to double down on their efforts.

I have not seen another human being outside of my family household and work and it’s starting to wear on me.

instead of calling on everyone one to double down why not eather have more restrictions or start putting in stricter punishment for the rule breakers.

o don’t see how asking people who are following the rules to follow the rules harder is going to help anything.

Well I was fairly optimistic until this morning interview with Adrian Dix on CKNW. Apparently the federal government told BC they only have a guarantee supply of vaccines till March 31. It is apparently enough to do 10% of BC population. Dix was saying after that it seems Feds don't have any contracts of vaccine coming in after March 31st? "absolutely no commitment, guarantee or contract that suggest there will be more"

January 8th 8am at 43 min mark

Well I was fairly optimistic until this morning interview with Adrian Dix on CKNW. Apparently the federal government told BC they only have a guarantee supply of vaccines till March 31. It is apparently enough to do 10% of BC population. Dix was saying after that it seems Feds don't have any contracts of vaccine coming in after March 31st? "absolutely no commitment, guarantee or contract that suggest there will be more"

January 8th 8am at 43 min mark

What time frame?

Now the bar is moved again and a vaccine won’t even stop covid apparently :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Now the bar is moved again and a vaccine won’t even stop covid apparently :rolleyes::rolleyes:
So, one wonders what to do next if this is all correct?
Looks to be no way out?

You read all kinds of conflicting reports on these new variants, most say they are no more deadly just faster transferring. Most say this is all expected. But really for the most part it’s going to run it’s course, as it would have to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back