All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree that rapid testing would have been a strong tool to suppress spread while opening options for business, but fear that avenue is not being pursued or funded now with the vaccine starting to roll out.

But please can we just leave out the political cant? The focus in this thread needs to be fact based.

I think of the summer as starting in June. That gives 5 months for things to change.
I can see things dramatically changing fast if cards all line up .

I think of the summer as starting in June. That gives 5 months for things to change.
I can see things dramatically changing fast if cards all line up .
Yah the sentiment will change soon enough and the political will to act will go in the other direction. All those handouts won't mean anything if people's summers are ruined while other countries are wide open. Sheep have short term memories.

A somewhat interactive map of Canadian vaccines per province. For those that would like to keep a closer eye on it. It also shows the progress of other countries and how we compare to them.

Yah the sentiment will change soon enough and the political will to act will go in the other direction. All those handouts won't mean anything if people's summers are ruined while other countries are wide open. Sheep have short term memories.

lol yeah they might want to do something about it so they can go back on vacation and not get fired .

Watching the news tonight I really couldn't help but wonder how Dr. Bonnie was speaking about the vaccine roll-out with a straight face.

Anyone ever wonder why they can do a study in a few weeks showing the new variant spreads quicker but they haven't done any studies recently on antibodies and how many people have actually had the virus? If someone knows of any recent studies with estimations please post. It is important as affects herd immunity as well as what restrictions and measures should be taken (I think pretty fair to guess A LOT more (5-10x I bet easy) than cases that have positive tests...therefore showing the virus is not very deadly at all... under 0.5%).

Last edited:
lol yeah they might want to do something about it so they can go back on vacation and not get fired .

well that did not take long lol

428 new cases today, lowest new case total in what, 6 weeks? Active cases total drops below 6500. We are 10 days on from Christmas, I was expecting to see the cases kicking upward now, so this is a pleasant surprise. Another week before we see the effects of new years shenanigans though.

428 new cases today, lowest new case total in what, 6 weeks? Active cases total drops below 6500. We are 10 days on from Christmas, I was expecting to see the cases kicking upward now, so this is a pleasant surprise. Another week before we see the effects of new years shenanigans though.

ne years and kids going back to school

ne years and kids going back to school
Transmission rates in schools are low, and it's mostly teacher to teacher. Most of the kids who get covid are infected by contact with family member/s. Kids under 12 account for 12% of cases in BC and this remained unchanged after schools went back in September.

Alberta made some good progress today. Must have got some of the boys from the patch in there and kicked some butt and gettin it done lol ;);)

Challenge accepted. :cool:
Come on BC, we can't let Alberta beat us. :eek:

Vaxx Canada Jan 5.JPG

https://covid19tracker.ca/vaccinationtracker.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back