All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today my mother was eligible to book her Covid shot. Today pepole between 74-70 can book.

I can say I was impressed how fast and easy it was. I started at 8am & was booked by 8:05am. The website runs smoothly and booked her at a location that is on 15 minutes away.

Her first shot is March 21st. We would gave had the option for sooner but it would have ment her driving further.

Man it feels so good to know she is getting her first shot. Hopefully it's not 120 days for the second one but at least it's a step in the right direction

If the border opens up in the mean time, I will take her down south to get her second shot so she dosen't gave to wait.

Last edited:
Update from Blake Shaffer on twitter
https://twitter.com/bcshaffer

March 16, 2021

Now at 7% of Canada's population with one dose or more (a little over 8.5% of eligible adults)
EwonbgpVkAAYg-I

Deliveries and doses administered both ticking higher today.
EwonzQXU8AEfnIF

I’m starting to know people who are getting vaccinated! Bro in law is a chiro and got his. my acupuncturist got hers last week. I’ll find out if my masseuse got hers when I go tomorrow :)

'No doubt': Experts warn third wave is upon us​

In other news CTV reports a piece of the sky fell and hit a small chicken on the head yesterday. It seems the SKY IS FALLING!

If you want to know how things are really going with the Canadian vaccine roll-out-I am a permanent resident of Mexico and my American neighbors in Mexico are as well. I didn't go this year because the Canadian gov't advised not going due to Covid and it (Mexico) is after all a 3rd world country- That 3rd world country (Mexico) just gave all my American and Canadian permanent resident neighbours a PFIZER vaccine this morning. Sure hope Canada can catch up to Mexico -never mind Israel!!

If you want to know how things are really going with the Canadian vaccine roll-out-I am a permanent resident of Mexico and my American neighbors in Mexico are as well. I didn't go this year because the Canadian gov't advised not going due to Covid and it (Mexico) is after all a 3rd world country- That 3rd world country (Mexico) just gave all my American and Canadian permanent resident neighbours a PFIZER vaccine this morning. Sure hope Canada can catch up to Mexico -never mind Israel!!
Yeah all our friends in SJD have gotten their 1st round of Pfizer last week.

The US is considering sending AZ doses to Mexico and Canada. The US has 50 million doses of the AZ vaccine and AZ hasn't even applied for approval in the US. With huge numbers of of Moderna, JJ and Pfizer vaccines coming in the US this month and next, I think many Americans will refuse to take the AZ vaccine with its uncertain efficacy numbers and bad press about blood clots, even if it gets approved. Sending the doses to its neighbors would make sense. I suspect they may be getting close to expiration as well which might be the real reason they are considering it.

The US is considering sending AZ doses to Mexico and Canada. The US has 50 million doses of the AZ vaccine and AZ hasn't even applied for approval in the US. With huge numbers of of Moderna, JJ and Pfizer vaccines coming in the US this month and next, I think many Americans will refuse to take the AZ vaccine with its uncertain efficacy numbers and bad press about blood clots, even if it gets approved. Sending the doses to its neighbors would make sense. I suspect they may be getting close to expiration as well which might be the real reason they are considering it.

Economically its in their interest. The sooner both borders open up more freely and people back to work the better for all three countries.
Would be horrifically sad to pour those down the drain.

Have to admit that the AZ and J&J vaccines are the only ones I'd consider taking at this point, although expired ones maybe not so much. I assume they'd just be less effective and not hazardous, but then, what's the point of taking a vaccine that may not protect you? Still, if they can rescue us with nearing-expiration but not past-expiry vaccines...why not grab that lifeline?

The mRNA ones are probably fine and for all I know will turn out to be the future of vaccines and will have fewer side effects and be more effective and everything about them will be better. But personally, I'm low-risk for Covid and have forty years to develop long-term side effects and there's currently no data on what the long term consequences are of taking this, because it's new. We think it's fine, and it probably will be fine, but it'll be decades before we KNOW.

If I were 75 I'd take whatever they'd give me, because covid's a lot riskier at that age, and you haven't got as much time left on your clock for anything slow-acting to get you.

Not to be alarmist about mRNA stuff or anything, it could be the best thing since vaccinations began, period. But any new tech that gets rolled out fast on a global scale necessarily includes a degree of risk, and I think everyone should be balancing their personal risk of serious covid complications against the risks of any potential treatment, and deciding for themselves how they want to approach that.

Let the Sh*t show continue.

Are you telling me the USA is sitting on enough vaccine that is nearly expired that could vaccinate all of Canada? We could have it here today and be done with this. (At least Amazon could if you order in the next 1hr 14 minutes)
What a bunch of clowns.

Have to admit that the AZ and J&J vaccines are the only ones I'd consider taking at this point, although expired ones maybe not so much. I assume they'd just be less effective and not hazardous, but then, what's the point of taking a vaccine that may not protect you? Still, if they can rescue us with nearing-expiration but not past-expiry vaccines...why not grab that lifeline?

The mRNA ones are probably fine and for all I know will turn out to be the future of vaccines and will have fewer side effects and be more effective and everything about them will be better. But personally, I'm low-risk for Covid and have forty years to develop long-term side effects and there's currently no data on what the long term consequences are of taking this, because it's new. We think it's fine, and it probably will be fine, but it'll be decades before we KNOW.

If I were 75 I'd take whatever they'd give me, because covid's a lot riskier at that age, and you haven't got as much time left on your clock for anything slow-acting to get you.

Not to be alarmist about mRNA stuff or anything, it could be the best thing since vaccinations began, period. But any new tech that gets rolled out fast on a global scale necessarily includes a degree of risk, and I think everyone should be balancing their personal risk of serious covid complications against the risks of any potential treatment, and deciding for themselves how they want to approach that.

You have some fair comments. However, it's not exactly new tech. It has been studied and trialed in applications such as cancer treatments. mRNA delivery itself has not been rushed just to clarify. This is just the first time it will be used on a global scale. A subtle point, but I think it's important to clarify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back