All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eo1mRmDUYAEjZvZ

Covid skeptics have been holding up Sweden as a model almost since the pandemic began. Numbers showed it wasn't working, now it really has come down on them. Even Alberta has imposed measures now, time for Sweden to do the same.

Aubrey de Grey — 'Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.'

Dec 9, 2020 news conference with the details of the covid-19 vaccine rollout for BC.

Covid skeptics have been holding up Sweden as a model almost since the pandemic began. Numbers showed it wasn't working, now it really has come down on them. Even Alberta has imposed measures now, time for Sweden to do the same.

I don't think anyone ever suggested Sweden accomplished anything with their strategy, but only that they have generally fared not much worse than many other countries that took extreme draconian measures.

Extreme, draconian measures? How are you defining that? Countries that used martial law to stamp it out quickly or Western democracies with soft, spoiled citizens whinging about masks, social distancing and impacts to their leisure activities?

Very true. Sweden was held up as a way to deal with Covid 19 and still keep their economy going by many. The ended up sacrificing a large percentage of their aged population at first but still ended up capitulating.

It's interesting if you look at some different countries by the deaths per million citizens. The countries that had dense populations or bad practises really paid the price while other countries faired somewhat better

These stats are per Worldmeter. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

...my go to reference since last March when we first heard about the virus while down in Los Cabos

Belgium 1516
Italy 1036
Spain 1012
USA 899
Mexico 862
Sweden 726
Canada 344

Let's hope for a better Spring and Summer so we can go back to a more normal life!

I don't think anyone ever suggested Sweden accomplished anything with their strategy, but only that they have generally fared not much worse than many other countries that took extreme draconian measures.
I think you have a reasonable take on it, but I see social media posts from a few friends who are covid skeptics or outright deniers. They've been quite vocal on how Sweden has "done it right" by keeping away from restrictions. That POV seems to have lost some steam of late, although Sweden's deaths per million have been well up there for months.

I get a kick out of Canadians acting like it's SO obvious that Fox news is biased and ********. It's THE MOST watched news in America. Just like Trump was actually voted in the first time. Lot's of Americans really like him. Just drink it in. It actually happened. Now you won't be so BLOWN AWAY all the time.

Sadly this is what happens when everything is politicised. That Doctor/Group of doctors may have something that works. However, the Senator that invited them to the hearing has been basically anti-covid and extremely partisan. Crisis times is really when everyone should not be so partisan and really buckle down and work together for the benefit of society.

Really you’ll watch and read the CBC yet bawk at FOX,, now there’s a huge lolol.

If you took the time to watch the feed it’s not about any conspiracy theory at all it’s about doctors wanting to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back