Alitima Batteries

No they aren't gell but they are sealed, no maintenance. Longer lasting, more poweful,new technology, you know, yada yada.

I've never heard of these batteries.I know Nissan makes an Altima. I purchased Optima bluetops at Costco and they are the best battery I've owned.They hold charge for much longer and have good power. They are also a smaller battery than most.

Im assuming your talking an optima battery they are excellent batteries. They are not gel batteries, they are AGM or Applied Glass Mat which are superior to gel and regular wet cell batteries. I would recommed a battery charger designed for AGM and Gel as overcharging will dry them out and you can not add water like a wet cell. They also can take much more vibration then wet cell and therefore are great candidates to mount up front to reduce weight at the stern, just watch the voltage drop as you should upgrade your starting cables accordingly. They also are much more robust to long periods of not being charged, a wet cell will have a very short life if it is not charged or maintained.

Sorry guys it was word of mouth info I recieved, glad someone caught on. I'm going to costco this weekend I'll check it out. Thanx

Back