Alarm System For a Trailer?

Rain City

Crew Member
Got a new site office trailer today. I'd like to install a car alarm in it. Problem is I just want to install a motion sensor, a loud siren outside and have a key fob to make it go beep beep. Can't find anything that works that way. No wifi. 12v. Nothing Fancy. Anyone got any ideas?
20211026_174055.jpgIMG-20211026-WA0004.jpeg

Got a new site office trailer today. I'd like to install a car alarm in it. Problem is I just want to install a motion sensor, a loud siren outside and have a key fob to make it go beep beep. Can't find anything that works that way. No wifi. 12v. Nothing Fancy. Anyone got any ideas?
View attachment 71842View attachment 71843
Here’s a very inexpensive simple motion alarm I’ve used for over 4 years. Available on Amazon

Attachments

• 770DE104-1F39-4A24-970F-6627CB66C591.png
    770DE104-1F39-4A24-970F-6627CB66C591.png
    611.2 KB · Views: 23
Here’s a very inexpensive simple motion alarm I’ve used for over 4 years. Available on Amazon
I was looking at those yeah. So it's more like a shock sensor essentially? If the sensor moves it goes off as apposed to it "seeing" motion right? Can you program two sirens to one remote? Last one, can you mount the sensors outside so it's louder? Sorry about all the questions, I was hoping someone could give me a real world experience.

I was looking at those yeah. So it's more like a shock sensor essentially? If the sensor moves it goes off as apposed to it "seeing" motion right? Can you program two sirens to one remote? Last one, can you mount the sensors outside so it's louder? Sorry about all the questions, I was hoping someone could give me a real world experience.
I ordered this one. Didn't like the reviews that said you really had to shake that one to get it to go off. It's cheap enough to try out.
Screenshot_20211027-004125_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I’ve been using it on an E bike - easy to hide because it’s so small. Great for a motorcycle as well. If some one even bangs into my bike at a bike rack, it goes off. Probably not really what you want for your application, unless someone attempts to move the trailer.
Stosh

I think you’re gonna spend more time turning alarms off because something walked by the trailer and touched it. Maybe get a couple ring door bells. One inside and one outside. Getting wifi on site isn’t that expensive. Your foreman would appreciate it and it’ll run your door bells so you can yell at people as they walk by

I’d imagine your trailer is gonna be plugged in at site for 120v so that you can charge batteries and what not. If not, you could add an inverter and it’ll run small cameras off batteries

I think you’re gonna spend more time turning alarms off because something walked by the trailer and touched it. Maybe get a couple ring door bells. One inside and one outside. Getting wifi on site isn’t that expensive. Your foreman would appreciate it and it’ll run your door bells so you can yell at people as they walk by
That's why I want an interior motion sensor like the one I got. When someone opens the door it sees them and makes noise. I've had the ring cameras on site and I hated it. Too many issues with wifi going down and even when I did get broken into I just obsessed over the video and it didn't help. I just want a noise maker.

Definitely some cheap ones. I went with that other one for two other reasons. It has a usb plug for the sensor, which is also the horn, so no batteries. It also has an auxiliary plug for installing an exterior siren which I ordered separately. I hope the plug size works

Back