airmar p66 transducer (woops!)

mjd

I just purchased a p66 transducer. I was checking it out and seeing how it mounts while in my kitchen, and like an idiot I snapped the transducer down into the mount. Now I can not unsnap it and it cant be mounted if its together. The method of detaching the two parts that is described in the installation manual requires a firm smack with your palm, but this also requires the transducer being mounted on the transom of your boat. Any help or experience here would be greatly appreciated. This certainly can't be designed in a way that if this happens you cant undo it. I am hoping that I am not the only person to have done this. . .

got a vice?, clamp the mount down, or even a c-clamp or vive grips to a bench top
or 2 screwdrivers back to back between mount and ducer and gently pry apart

shoots thanks for the good idea but supplies are scarce at the moment. I did some jimmy rigging with some 300lb mono looped through the screw holes and was able to break it free. If anyone else is tinkering with this unit, do not attach the transducer to the mount while it is free from your boat--It seems like a great way to potentially break something!

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee to

think i ended up using 2 flat bladed screw driver trick
but if you have two people it would of been easier one to hold and one to pry

anyways good job you got her undone with out breaking or snapping it .

Thanks for the warning. I don't have one to fiddle with yet, but when I do I will, probably remember the warning right after the click. LOL

Back