Ace line puller question

Breakin"even

Crew Member
I'm finally going to break down and buy a line puller.
I was wondering if the BullDog hands free works well for the extra money?
Last year I think PNT sold the two together for the line puller price, not sure if they still do.

X2

It depends on what thickness of line you use, it doesn’t really like thicker line. But yes it is worth the little extra money

Another question, Is the new extreme actually able to bring in 4 prawn traps? We use 2 on a string with 15lbs of weight and want to increase it to 2 pots with 20lbs. Thanks

I have the brand new Pacific Pro and would not run 4 traps with 20lbs. I run 2 traps with 5lbs in each trap and 10 on line, I wouldn’t go any more.

Another question, Is the new extreme actually able to bring in 4 prawn traps? We use 2 on a string with 15lbs of weight and want to increase it to 2 pots with 20lbs. Thanks

The specs (pulling speed, weight limit) on the "new" Pacific Pro are exactly the same as the older Max Torque

Yes the handsfree is worth it.

Anyone ever used this one?

https://www.canadian-outdoors.ca/pr...MIks-Nj7K56gIVJh6tBh2F8QqfEAQYAiABEgIlVPD_BwE

3955_01_820x_dd0c83cd-6eb7-4c3e-843d-5701789ba990_large.jpg

@DMCK Thanks! I just want to add an extra 5lbs for a total of 20lb of weights and the two traps. Do you blow 40amp fuses ever? I think we have 12G wire and are going to upgrade to 10.
This looks interesting, I need more power so I can pull my buddies traps, too heavy for my ace line.

I put my 10 pound weight 20 feet in front of the trap closest to the bouy. Have not had any problem with traps moving. If the bouy rope jiggles the pot it will spook the prawns. Same reason other folks say the solid mesh traps fish better than the netting ones. You can also use a small Bruce type anchor in the same spot.
I also think the bigger the bouy the more drag you have in a current. I use one of those small red and white crab bouys first and then the big bouy. It seems to have less drag that way.

I put my 10 pound weight 20 feet in front of the trap closest to the bouy. Have not had any problem with traps moving. If the bouy rope jiggles the pot it will spook the prawns. Same reason other folks say the solid mesh traps fish better than the netting ones. You can also use a small Bruce type anchor in the same spot.
I also think the bigger the bouy the more drag you have in a current. I use one of those small red and white crab bouys first and then the big bouy. It seems to have less drag that way.

How much space between the small red and white crab buoy and the big buoy? I sometimes use a small buoy then a bigger buoy. I Think it’s around 6 feet between.

Oly

How much space between the small red and white crab buoy and the big buoy? I sometimes use a small buoy then a bigger buoy. I Think it’s around 6 feet between.

Oly
Its probably 4 to 6 feet. Besides less drag I find it easier to retrieve between the buoys with a boat hook.

Its probably 4 to 6 feet. Besides less drag I find it easier to retrieve between the buoys with a boat hook.

Thanks, I had mine the other way around. Larger buoy first then smaller one after that one. Your way makes more sense. I will give it a try that way next time.

Back