A bit of balance on commercial fishing

Thanks for sharing. So much propaganda BS out there. Finally academia coming out challenging the lies and BS. Closer to home, they can fluff up the virtues of closing salmon fisheries in pursuit "recovery" while blatantly ignoring the facts around what is actually contributing to the most significant decline in salmon abundance - pinniped predation. Easier to pick on the recreational fishery than face facts.

The problem is even with the obvious science staring our government right in the face, , there mandate is do nothing, this issue should have been dealt with many cycles ago , even weeding out the trouble animals would have been huge help, problem now is they have taken over and it going to seem like a huge cull which i hope im proven wrong will never be allowed where it will make a difference. It has everything to do with public perception and votes, they don't need our votes to get back in power which is why they will never get aggressive on this program , which in my opinion will make the greatest difference to the recovery. The BS and propaganda is killing us no matter how you look at it. Its criminal what the GOVERNMENTS have allowed to happen , this do nothing attitude and tell the world what a excellent recovery plan they have is crazy, what have they really done ?? sweet FU!! all. They have done a really good job at making the public believe we are the problem

One of the worst, predatory and most destructive ENGOs - the SSS - is featured and given mythic and irredeemable cult status in this film, apparently. I refuse to watch it - I think Watson's got enough $ and ego as it is. What he and some other belligerent narcissist's don't have enough of - is accountability. They - like many cult leaders - staff their organization with well-intended, naïve worker-bees and prey on the misinformed funders to supply them with $ for their "newest" campaign. And we get to live with the aftermath and ramifications of their actions & lies.

Thank goodness there are a few ENGOs on the far other end of that spectrum - like the PSF, the ASF, and the T. Buck Suzuki fdn.

Back