• Thread starter Deleted member 8461
  • Start date
The list of things to do starts now...
Immediate work:
- refinish cosmetics and minor fiberglass dings
- fix or replace all findings(screws, bolts, tie down hooks, cover snaps)
- remove all sealants and re-seal.
- clean and lube steering(works great already)
- check all power shift and throttle linkages(seem good)
- increase fuel capacity(has small tank)
- strip and repaint trailer
- rewire trailer and add new lights and reflectors
- install new wheel bearings
- install new wheel fenders
- lube winch and change cable to Spectra
- wax and polish(prep for molds)

Planning ideas:
- rod holders and placement(how many)
- rod storage(headache rack)
- grab rails
- accessory mounts
- electronics(sounder, radio, etc.)
- navigation lights(fixtures & wiring)
- bow & stern rails
- downriggers
- cannonball holders
- tackle storage
- catch storage
- bilge pump(s)
- seat or cushion
- battery & mount & wiring misc.

Your ideas or thoughts to add into the planning process?

please include a “pool noodle of death” on the headache rack complete with all your fave plugs hanging off it.
Looks super fun! how fast does that puppy go?

i’m thinking net storage will be a challenge. with your commy background maybe no net? just bonk and gaff?

First I would change name and paint anything but yellow. Ha ha Stormtrooper your AMAZING painting skills have been displayed on all your lures, how about another WOW for the mini boat? Your avatar color scheme???

HM

POD and a new lightweight 250 Evinrude? Remember that 8 year warranty...No real man ever said he wished he had less power. Sweet little unit tho. Oh to be 12 years old again, and 1965 at the Esquimalt launch with a 10 foot aluminum boat, 4 hp Seagull and trailer made with bicycle wheels launching solo with your paper bike.

Fun project. I would guess stay with gas for the easy of carrying extra fuel on days you want it / space available. Also would you need waterproof / underwaterproof batteries / connections if a wave did swamp it?

Would foot controls for the motor be better? Quicker response and if you're trying to fish from the same station that you're driving from might be good to use more than two limbs to do it. :)

Back