70s Vanguard 8' 5" camper

Cuba Libre

Well its time to look for a new home for my old camper. On the instructions of the Warden its been replaced by newer one that has a full bathroom so that She Who Must Be Obeyed can avoid peeing in the bushes!!![}:)]

As noted its a 70s vintage Vanguard 8' 6" long box unit. Its IS showing its age, but everything works (except for the exterior running lights) and if you are looking for a camper for hunting or fishing that really will not cost you squat, this might be for you. Incudes a working propane fridge, 3 burner propane stove, electric water pump for the sink( I think its a 15 gal water tank, but not positive), as noted NO bathroom. Sleeps 4 ( upper bunk is a partial slide-out) has a 110 plugs for when in a campsite. As well as 12 volt lights. Its the narrower old type so it does not have the excessive side overhangs on the sides of the box. Also no roof leaks. Amazing what you can do with roofing cement![8D]
The uphostery on the upper bunk is in good shape, The dining seats are worn and I normally turn the worn parts to the wall....but who cares if you are fishing????
The jacks are mechanical and in good working order.

Arbutus RV told me to list it for $900.00... but for Sportfishing BC I will drop it to a more realistic $550.

No pictures yet as I have yet to clean off last years bugs off the front of the unit.

Cheers
Bryan

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Oh ya-- working propane furnace and two proane bottles

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

quote:Any pics?

Damn- I knew I forgot something.......... I will try to get something posted quickly-- but i am heading to hardy early tomorrow and I am not sure how good the light is now

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

whats the width of the camper? and weight? thanx scotty

tight lines

The floor width is the standard 48" and the overall width is 87" (plus a few inches for the jacks).
As far as the weight-- I cant really tell you because I have never weighed it. The previous owner had it on a longbox F150. I had it on a Chev 3/4 ton . Being an older model, it would weigh more than a comparable new camper as they were built of wood , not aluminum and particle board. Hope this helps.

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Yup-- been a little lazy since the fishing has been so good that I havent listed it yet... Interested?

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Ya-- I cant seem to get rid of the old email addy since I changed.

Its <Dirt432000@yahoo.ca>

Cheers
bryan

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Back