66 Mustang Convertible Trade for Boat

Beaudog

All numbers matching C-Code 289 V8, 3 speed manual trans, California Car with documentation. Mileage unknown, but has been off the road for approximately 19 years. Has not seen rain for the same amount of time. Like new high quality top. Still has the original factory seats with no rips or splits.
All done within the last 50 miles:
New custom dual exhaust by Island Muffler
Complete brake system, from drums to fluids
Magnum 500 wheels and BFG tires
Full BC Safety Inspection
Lots of extra parts and manuals etc.
Still needs a bit of cosmetic work (engine bay detail etc.) to be perfect but the serious money has been spent. This is a fully running, driving #3 car, That can be turned into a #2 car with very little money and just some time.
Priced accordingly at $28,500
Will only trade for 23-26' Sports fishing boat or $100 bills. No other trades, thanks.

I'm looking for a walkaround style, with trailer, preferably outboard powered with kicker and electronicsView attachment 10944.

Last edited by a moderator:
All numbers matching C-Code 289 V8, 3 speed manual trans, California Car with documentation. Mileage unknown, but has been off the road for approximately 19 years. Has not seen rain for the same amount of time. Like new high quality top. Still has the original factory seats with no rips or splits.
All done within the last 50 miles:
New custom dual exhaust by Island Muffler
Complete brake system, from drums to fluids
Period correct Magnum 500 wheels and BFG tires
Full BC Safety Inspection
Lots of extra parts and manuals etc.
Still needs a bit of cosmetic work (engine bay detail etc.) to be perfect but the serious money has been spent. This is a fully running, driving #2 car, That can be turned into a #2+ or a 1- car with very little money and just some time.
Priced accordingly at $28,500
Will only trade for 23-26' Sports fishing boat or $100 bills. No other trades, thanks.

I'm looking for a walkaround style, with trailer, preferably outboard powered with kicker and electronicsView attachment 10944.

Beau dog, nice cruiser for the old Island Highway. I am a classic Mustang enthusiast and own 4 of them.

Ditch the Magnum 500's. They are not period correct for a 1966. Get a set of styled steel wheels with the redline or white line tires. Sell the Magnum 500s and BFGs.

Do you have an appraisal? There are no number 1 cars which get driven, FYI. Most of what takes 1st place at Lower mainland GVMA events are number 2 cars or Number 3 cars. And the difference between a number 2 car and number 3 can be splitting hairs. A number 1 car will start at 2 times your asking price and will take years to source the NOS pieces.

You may wish to contact the GVMA and list it on their Facebook page or website for a quicker sale and getting into a boat before the fishing season is over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beau dog, nice cruiser for the old Island Highway. I am a classic Mustang enthusiast and own 4 of them.

Ditch the Magnum 500's. They are not period correct for a 1966. Get a set of styled steel wheels with the redline or white line tires. Sell the Magnum 500s and BFGs.

Do you have an appraisal? There are no number 1 cars which get driven, FYI. Most of what takes 1st place at Lower mainland GVMA events are number 2 cars or Number 3 cars. And the difference between a number 2 car and number 3 can be splitting hairs. A number 1 car will start at 2 times your asking price and will take years to source the NOS pieces.

You may wish to contact the GVMA and list it on their Facebook page or website for a quicker sale and getting into a boat before the fishing season is over.

Thanks for the info. I actually prefer the look of the Magnum 500's and the BFG's, to each his own though. I may be wrong as to the "period correctness" of the wheels, but I still think they look great. The car was not formally appraised, but looked at by a very reputable Mustang collector/restorer in Washington State when I bought it 5 or 6 years ago and I'm basing the condition on what he told me. Of course, condition and ratings are certainly subjective. There are certainly some things on this car that would not make it a #1 car and this is no trailer queen, but it has been driven maybe 50 miles in the last 19 years and it shows. How many 48 year old cars do you know of that still have their original seats? Let alone convertibles.

Anyway, upon some reflection and in the interest of complete disclosure, I would prefer to undersell the condition and have a buyer be pleasantly surprised rather than disappointed, I have revised the condition numbers.

I'm not in a huge hurry to sell it, but I am looking for a boat so I thought this might be a good venue to offer up a trade as I rarely drive the car (as noted above).

any specifics about the type of boat you are looking for other than the size range, walkaround etc.?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking for something around 18'-19' walkaround style with cuddy, outboard powered (min 125hp), trailer. That's about it, willing to do some clean-up if needed. Budget around 10k or so??? Got something in mind?

If anybody knows of something available or coming available, please let me know. Really looking forward to getting back on the water.

Thanks very much.

Back