• Thread starter Deleted member 8461
  • Start date
Good job StormTrooper.I love seeing people make something out of nothing.And the bonus is you'll have some organic veggies this summer.Awesome!

Might want to place the structure on some bricks or pavers or something, to avoid rotting out the bottom plate.

Might want to place the structure on some bricks or pavers or something, to avoid rotting out the bottom plate.

Something like this or other.

images

Really neat-especially the garbage can Potatoes-hell of an idea!! Just keep stacking dirt on instead of hilling-dump when needed!!

I would be interested to know how the garbage can potatoes works out in the end. I've seen people do this with old tires but only know of one time where it worked well once.

Sweet Greenhouse!
Im a potato stacker from way back. I have tried the garbage can and old tires both with some success but now I use a cedar shingle style method. This allows you to stack while they grow allowing full sun on the plants throughout the whole season as vegetative growth can turn leggy if lacking light which prevents advantageous nodule development. Also, at any time you can open up a panel and steal a few spuds for dinner. I re-seed every 8 inch with a new variety of seed potato to mix it up.. large varieties on the bottom, small such as French fingerling on top. Huge yields if done correctly. ( they also look classy in the garden!) See pic from last year

Sweet Greenhouse!
Im a potato stacker from way back. I have tried the garbage can and old tires both with some success but now I use a cedar shingle style method. This allows you to stack while they grow allowing full sun on the plants throughout the whole season as vegetative growth can turn leggy if lacking light which prevents advantageous nodule development. Also, at any time you can open up a panel and steal a few spuds for dinner. I re-seed every 8 inch with a new variety of seed potato to mix it up.. large varieties on the bottom, small such as French fingerling on top. Huge yields if done correctly. ( they also look classy in the garden!) See pic from last year

Always meant to try that-thought it would work-next year-thanks for sharing.

Back