54 Million to Study Fish Farms

Let's hope so, but knowing the Harper and BC Liberal govt's biased and blind support of salmon feedlots. I and I'm sure many others don't think we will get the real truth on the impact of salmon feedlots from this huge amount of $. They gave salmon feedlots $26 million last year and now double that this year!!! WTF! :mad: Meanwhile they continue to cut funding for DFO conservation, enforcement, hatcheries, and habitat restoration work and at the and at the same time gut the Fisheries Act to allow for questionable industrial development.

This is nothing but more collusion between multi-national corporations that financially support the ruling political parties. Does anyone really think that this $ will be used to produce research that will lead to less salmon feedlots? Nope, it will be used to produce whatever results that will justify the present course of maintaining and expanding (see recent news announcement, despite the Cohen Commission recommendations against expansion) this dangerous, polluting and disease spreading industry. Just more of our hard earned tax dollars to prop up an unsustainable industry that threatens and marine environment, wild salmon and all the people, industry and economy that they support.

Lets hope that people remember this when they vote in the 2015 election and they think of more than just their bank accounts. My 2 bits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just more of our hard earned tax dollars to prop up an unsustainable industry that threatens and marine environment, wild salmon and all the people, industry and economy that they support.
Yup and I'm sure there is some advertising money in there to convince us that this is such a good idea.
That will be where the science part is .. it's called brainwashing..

Heard that Norway emailed Shea and thanked her for the support on behalf of the "value to its shareholders".
You have to wonder why Norway aren't the ones paying for all this research. After all who really benefits from the profits they make here. Is it the Canadian Public best interest or is it someone else. It's not like the fish they grow here is actually eaten by any Canadians...... Yea I know feed the world... world restaurant trades...

Another example of a government that is against subsidizing business but sends the check anyway.
The economic policy of the "Calgary School"

Back