300hp Etec over oiling

I tell ya. The marine industry in the Lower Mainland is out to lunch in lots of circumstances. Not all, but these guys have had it too good for too long apparently.

Not just the lower mainland, and not just the marine industry. Finding that shop or mechanic who has a passion for his work is hard but when you find them be loyal as they can make your life easier.
Did you get the engine fixed?

I had it once on my 150 etec. It was just blowing oil through it. It ended up being a kinked oil return line. When I filled it up I kinked it. I hope yours is that easy.

Not just the lower mainland, and not just the marine industry. Finding that shop or mechanic who has a passion for his work is hard but when you find them be loyal as they can make your life easier.
Did you get the engine fixed?
It works but..... Was told I not allowed to idle it??? I was told for every half hour to hour of idling I will have WOT for 15 mins. I just laughed while at the counter and said this is not a Fitch, or old VRO,etc this is made for trolling. If it wasn't they wouldn't idle at 500rpm. It was also and still I a selling feature because of 4 strokes. Went on to tell here I use a pair of yammi 250 VRO's in nootka that run an hour out... Troll for 8 hours and run back. Not one fowling problem in the last 7 years. She shrugged her shoulders and said dont idle this motor.
When I picked the boat up there was spare battery in boat with cables, the main wouldn't go down. I was blamed for that, bad batteries. Lol, my new Rebel 3 blade met the boat ramp. It out for repairs. I had a person in it while in nootka and we where attempting to back troll hali and his comment was it got a hard knock in it now. Other than that runs like a champ the new 4blade runs a little slower, but I can stay in plane at a slower speed which seems to help when chugging offshore in 10 footers

As soon as I get bad to nootka I will look to see if all the hoses are not pinched.
Thxs

Attachments

• WP_20170819_11_38_26_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170819_11_38_26_Pro.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 27
Fresh off the phone with brp. West Vancouver techs had told me there was a full injector recall and one had already been done so ill be getting 5 new ones,and a poppit valve. BRP says: No recall on this serial number. History shows only 2 changed by the techs.... Lies.

I had it once on my 150 etec. It was just blowing oil through it. It ended up being a kinked oil return line. When I filled it up I kinked it. I hope yours is that easy.

Been playing this in my mind for a bit, the hood foam has been torn back in the rear where the oiling tubes are. Maybe when they put the cover back on and forced it down the tubes where bent or miss aligned.... O could it be so simple???
The foam was bent badly and separated from the hood in two places.

Been playing this in my mind for a bit, the hood foam has been torn back in the rear where the oiling tubes are. Maybe when they put the cover back on and forced it down the tubes where bent or miss aligned.... O could it be so simple???
The foam was bent badly and separated from the hood in two places.

I can see that. When I got my boat back from the dealer I pulled the hood off the engines, the port engine plug that has the computer plug on it was half worn off as they didn't tuck it away properly and the flywheel tore it up..

They just don't care to make sure that they do a proper job. It's everywhere!!

Back