3 headgaskets in under3 years

Totally unexpected

So I've had to put my boat on hold as I am replacing the third headgasket in un 3 years.Ill refrain from calling the shop out that did the first 2 at this timevas my Google review will be very slanderous,the shop that's doing it now noted the arp studs were breaking loose at 85 lbs/ft when they are supposed to be 125.Just frustrating when the oem gasket lasted 12 years. Oh well hopefully 3rd time is the charm,and we can get back on track with returning the engine into Unexpected.

Did they check the head for warping, maybe your deck is not flush. Could be more serious than just under torqued head bolts. Also your OEM gasket was probably a good quality gasket and they replaced it with some cheap junk. Blown head gaskets are generally a series of issues and not just 1 stand alone thing.

Last edited:
6.7 cummins deck has been checked, checked out good,head pressure tested, magnafluxed ,decked the head,I know for sure all this was done this time as the tech sent pictures of the job from start to finish. Also if there was a problem with the deck or a crack somewhere I would expect to show up pretty immediately I.e the first time I towed my 7000 lb boat up the cut in North Van. My post is actually more aabout incompetent shops then it is about an issue with my truck. I have a red seal in auto tech so for me if I had my own shop to do it at I would never let anyone wrench on it..just frustrating to put out thousands of dollars that I could be spending on fuel and anchovies lol

6.7 cummins deck has been checked, checked out good,head pressure tested, magnafluxed ,decked the head,I know for sure all this was done this time as the tech sent pictures of the job from start to finish. Also if there was a problem with the deck or a crack somewhere I would expect to show up pretty immediately I.e the first time I towed my 7000 lb boat up the cut in North Van. My post is actually more aabout incompetent shops then it is about an issue with my truck. I have a red seal in auto tech so for me if I had my own shop to do it at I would never let anyone wrench on it..just frustrating to put out thousands of dollars that I could be spending on fuel and anchovies lol
Someone is missing a step or not using proper procedure from arp. Are they using the arp sealant that comes with the stud kit? I’ve never seen a 6.7 have to get 3 head gaskets done in succession like yours, unless they are a tournament truck with 70+ psi of boost and the heat going through the roof!

what was your symptom of the current gasket gone? Exh in the degas? White smoke?

Did you hot retorque, do you start your truck and bag the **** out of it ot wait till its at operating temperature
Tunes injectors turbo what have you added
Oem head gasket?

Someone is missing a step or not using proper procedure from arp. Are they using the arp sealant that comes with the stud kit? I’ve never seen a 6.7 have to get 3 head gaskets done in succession like yours, unless they are a tournament truck with 70+ psi of boost and the heat going through the roof!

what was your symptom of the current gasket gone? Exh in the degas? White smoke?
It's not a sealant it's a lubricant for the threads to increase torque value on the stud

Back