3.0 liter merc motor wanted

goatman

looking for a used but running 3.0 liter 140hp merc motor in the lower mainland area at a reasonable price for a project

I don't have one, sorry, but I used to, and one of the things I learned is that pretty much all the I/O engines in recent.t times are GM. So if you can find an old Volvo penta, pretty sure that will work too.....and somebody please correct me.if I'm wrong, but the 3.0l Gm/Merc/Volvo engine is also a forklift engine. So maybe you could get a deal on one of those? Maybe look at Canada engines or some industrial seller. Then get yourarine parts after.

youre thinking the Iron Duke motors that were 2.5l 151ci. my 305 had a cracked cylinder wall. the 3.0L will bolt up to my volvo penta leg. i could bolt a 4.3/305/350 or the 3.0l 181 ci but my boat really needs 2-350's, it came underpowered from the factory afaic, so i want to try the smaller 140hp motor because the gph will be cut in half whereas the other motors all burn the same gph at 1800/2000 rpm

your Mpg might get worst with the smaller motor, less torque, plus you'll be running it twice as hard as a v8 to get the same power. unless you just plan of idling around at 5 kn.?

yes just idling around at 6 knots with enough power to get out of trouble.

Back