26 x 9.5 northwest aluminum craft Build

What an awesome concept. I love doing my own rigging and fixture installs, didn't realise OEM builders would consider selling a hull ready for fit out and motor rigging.

What an awesome concept. I love doing my own rigging and fixture installs, didn't realise OEM builders would consider selling a hull ready for fit out and motor rigging.
Three VI builders who all sell direct do this, probably more? No marketing, no sales people, no resellers, all referral/word of mouth sales. Nice to see it, I’ve had people tell me their experience but these pics are great.

In early December I ended up putting down a deposit on a 350 suzuki and 20hp suzuki. I wanted to rig the controls myself and the dealer said that wouldn't be a problem so I picked up thr rigging components and went to town. It took me 1 full day to rig the boat ready for motors to be hung - I saved myself about $3700 by doing this myself as I got quotes for then to do rig it vs me. It was super easy- I found a suzuki rigging manual online and just followed the instructions. Motors will be getting hung in January....

Upholstery in the cabin is getting done this month and I should have them by end of year...

This will he my last set of photos until motors are hung and the boat is wet for it's maiden voyage.

Attachments

• 20231219_092140.jpg
    20231219_092140.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 264
  • 20231224_085822.jpg
    20231224_085822.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 267
  • 20231212_105808.jpg
    20231212_105808.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 267
  • 20231129_145805.jpg
    20231129_145805.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 264
  • 20231219_092144.jpg
    20231219_092144.jpg
    434.1 KB · Views: 272
  • 20231129_153633.jpg
    20231129_153633.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 260
  • 20231208_122832.jpg
    20231208_122832.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 257
  • 20231208_122825.jpg
    20231208_122825.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 246
  • 20231130_105040.jpg
    20231130_105040.jpg
    549.9 KB · Views: 255
In early December I ended up putting down a deposit on a 350 suzuki and 20hp suzuki. I wanted to rig the controls myself and the dealer said that wouldn't be a problem so I picked up thr rigging components and went to town. It took me 1 full day to rig the boat ready for motors to be hung - I saved myself about $3700 by doing this myself as I got quotes for then to do rig it vs me. It was super easy- I found a suzuki rigging manual online and just followed the instructions. Motors will be getting hung in January....

Upholstery in the cabin is getting done this month and I should have them by end of year...

This will he my last set of photos until motors are hung and the boat is wet for it's maiden voyage.
You sure don’t mess around. Looking good .

Great work @sudsy . Really nice to see the progress you are making in such a short time. Looks like you know what you're doing finishing this boat as you envision it. Congratulations to you!

During the build - I had them weld a bracket on the back of the boat to mount my trim tabs. I opted to go with electric ( lectrotab). Doug was nice and tapped holes so all I needed to do was bolt them on with some stainless bolts.

While scrolling the internet early November i came across gpscity out of calgary....needless to say they had some hds live 12 units on onsale for $2599 wirh 3 in 1 transducer...I felt pressue to buy it as i wasnt sure what stock other places had and i knew they were discontinued.

Around the end of November I was itching to gemy the rest of my electronics sorted out. I saw the flyer for harbour chandler black friday sale and couldn't pass the opportunity to go and get hold of one of the half price halo 20+. I left sooke at 4am with hopes to be early enough to get one of the 6 units. I was surprised to be the 2nd in line upon my arrival at 5:45am....it was cold.......
While I was there I purchased the remainder of my electronics system ....Airmar p66, lowrance link 9 vhf, vhf whip, vhf mount, nmea 2000 starter kit, and came in 3 grand under budget because of all the deals( don't worry I already spent it elsewhere)...
The metal rods to mount the wiring to are a great idea!

Out of curiosity what is the reason for the valves on the fuel line connections? What brand are they as I could use a couple for making winterization easier on my boat.

Out of curiosity what is the reason for the valves on the fuel line connections? What brand are they as I could use a couple for making winterization easier on my boat.
I got them at trotac - they are aluminum- I put them there for when I swap out the filters for maintenance I can isolate there and re-priming should, atleast in my head, be easier...I needed to put a barb fitting there and for the minimal price difference it made sense in my head

It’s a unicorn build thread
One of the reasons I decided to wait for after my build - I've read through enough builds where everyone provides there opinions....obviously there is value in group input but I didn't want every decision to be a group debate - I'm happy with how it had turned out - I spent a lot of time figuring things out- researching- and ultimately making my own decisions.
I appreciate the comments - my goal in putting this out there is to hopefully inspire others in doing something similar.

One of the reasons I decided to wait for after my build - I've read through enough builds where everyone provides there opinions....obviously there is value in group input but I didn't want every decision to be a group debate - I'm happy with how it had turned out - I spent a lot of time figuring things out- researching- and ultimately making my own decisions.
I appreciate the comments - my goal in putting this out there is to hopefully inspire others in doing something similar.
More like tempting rather than inspiring. You're killing me here.

best way to do it. that is why i like posting diesel conversions, only a handful of people know what i am doing lol

Where can a guy find those tidy little fuel shut offs?

Back