25 bertram restoration

IMG_0147.JPG

I really like this smooth panel look. It's what it looked like in '66 but now it's painted fiberglass rather than 50 year old fibreboard.

These panels have yet to be aligned and screwed to the gunnels.

Sloped bulkhead wasn't a choice. The bottom of the bulkhead is as far forward as I could place it, there's a step down into the cabin immediately after it. The top of the bulkhead really needed to go where the start of the hardtop sweep begins.

If I could have made a straight bulkhead, I would have. This was the best choice I had available.
If the bulkhead was straight I might have opted for doors that swing rather than slide but the angle of the current bulkhead would turn the doors into more of a cellar door, it would swing upwards and the hardtop sweep is in the way for the doors to swing.

needs at least 4 more rod holders.....lol
also i would opt for auto pilot and a WR10 linked to the outboards
looking really good .....

needs at least 4 more rod holders.....lol
also i would opt for auto pilot and a WR10 linked to the outboards
looking really good .....
The auto pilot would be a nice feature. And the wireless remote would be even nicer.
Dad has a 2005 40' wellcraft in transit as we speak that has all the garmin goodies with autopilot and a garmin wrist watch that controls the boat. Crazy.

Like everyone else I think the boat looks great and I'm impressed by the quality work. Now for the million $ question.... how much are you going to ask for this boat.

Outstanding work Quin.

As one who does a lot of my own work as well I sure appreciate another mans craftsmanship, yours is far superior to anything I am capable of but it is inspiring. Awesome stuff.

IMG_1212.JPG

Finished the interior frames on the bulkhead.

Got all systems hooked up on the boat over the holidays. It's so rewarding to connect everything, flip the switch on a main breaker and voila...it all functions.
I couldn't believe how fast the simrad displays acquired position. Like three seconds each, plus the boat is in my shop under a tin roof. Other units take minutes in my shop to aquire.
The upholstery guys are taking care of the seats as we speak.
I'm going to start on the padded vinyl berth today

Need a pair of Shockwave s5 for that puppy?
Nice job, you do very good work.
Did you consider a drop curtain instead of the Alaskan?

Back