2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Going to give it a go tomorrow launch at the airport I am not that familiar with that launch but see the tide is going to be low around 5 pm at 4 feet , the question I have is will you still be able to pull your boat out at 3 pm or will it be to low.

Going to give it a go tomorrow launch at the airport I am not that familiar with that launch but see the tide is going to be low around 5 pm at 4 feet , the question I have is will you still be able to pull your boat out at 3 pm or will it be to low.
can’t get out on a low tide there , might be pushing it getting out at 3pm as low tide 1.1m is at 4:27pm tomorrow . Might get lucky enough though but It’s tough to say 100%

I don’t do MacDonald below 6’. Could maybe do less but not worth it.

can’t get out on a low tide there , might be pushing it getting out at 3pm as low tide 1.1m is at 4:27pm tomorrow . Might get lucky enough though but It’s tough to say 100%
Thanks for information …looking a bit windy in the morning may just need to pull the plug on the day and wait for the coho to show up off Bowen
When do the coho start to show up again off Bowen Island June? And
July 15 opening for slot hatch Chinook across the straight
Once that March 31 closure starts it’s a bit of a wait to fish this area may look at booking a room in Egmont or Pender for a night or two to get a fish or two … anyone stay at the Backeddy Marina , looks nice on the website

How was the weather out there today? Waves and rollers etc.. I'm considering going out, but if it's really lumpy I will abstain. Boat is 16.5'.

Can you launch at horseshoe bay? Looks swirly in English bay with the NW winds but nice in the sound. I'm a mate on a buddy's boat as mine is out for maintenance so we will smash out way out early tomorrow and see how it goes.

Last edited:
Can you launch at horseshoe bay? Looks swirly in English bay with the NW winds but nice in the sound. I'm a mate on a buddy's boat as mine is out for maintenance so we will smash out way out early tomorrow and see how it goes.
Sewell’s has a launch but limited parking

Back