2024 Galiano Salmon Classic - Saturday May 25th

Last_Call

Registration is now open for the 2024 galiano salmon classic! See poster attached for basic info and a full rules sheet will follow shortly. As in recent past years, derby entrants will be limited based on the dinner venue capacity so please register asap if you plan to attend. We are actively looking for any sponsors and/or prize table donations so please DM me here if you're able to help out. All proceeds raised to be donated to PSF as in past years.

Good prizes for top salmon but also for any halibut (last year there was a beauty caught by Team America / Bonchovy) as well as lingcod hidden weight (@Rain City self proclaimed LING KING). See you all May 25th at Montague Harbour, Galiano Island.

Attachments

• Galiano Salmon Classic 2024 - poster.png
    Galiano Salmon Classic 2024 - poster.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
Registration is now open for the 2024 galiano salmon classic! See poster attached for basic info and a full rules sheet will follow shortly. As in recent past years, derby entrants will be limited based on the dinner venue capacity so please register asap if you plan to attend. We are actively looking for any sponsors and/or prize table donations so please DM me here if you're able to help out. All proceeds raised to be donated to PSF as in past years.

Good prizes for top salmon but also for any halibut (last year there was a beauty caught by Team America / Bonchovy) as well as lingcod hidden weight (@Rain City self proclaimed LING KING). See you all May 25th at Montague Harbour, Galiano Island.
In. Can't wait

here's a scratchy drawing from last year's event showing areas that were opened/closed/hatchery only for salmon. I think things are pretty similar this year based on the regs that just dropped but will have to look more closely at the them before updating the derby map for 2024.

Attachments

• 2023 derby MAP rules.jpg
    2023 derby MAP rules.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: JWS
here's a scratchy drawing from last year's event showing areas that were opened/closed/hatchery only for salmon. I think things are pretty similar this year based on the regs that just dropped but will have to look more closely at the them before updating the derby map for 2024.
Thanks. And thanks for organizing. I’ll likely head down for this

Uhhh, correction. I’m the reigning “Ling King” 🙄 lol

Lookin forward to it.

Ok, just a small handful of tickets remaining for the 2024 Galiano Derby. I'm holding a few for those who have expressed interested in attending so please register asap (by e-transfer or $100/angler) to corymath@gmail.com ASAP. We will be SOLD OUT momentarily. thanks for everyone's interest and looking forward to a great event on May 25, 2024!

lastly, we are still accepting Sponsorship and/or prizes so please considering supporting the event that way if you're able to!

You probably are filled already with past entrants but is there any accommodations over there?
What time is the start and finish?
I assume the weigh in is at the harbour or is this a catch and release as well?
Moorage available?
As you posted Likely already filled but thought I would ask so maybe for next year.

You probably are filled already with past entrants but is there any accommodations over there?
What time is the start and finish?
I assume the weigh in is at the harbour or is this a catch and release as well?
Moorage available?
As you posted Likely already filled but thought I would ask so maybe for next year.
Hey there, still a couple spots left but will be closing off sales in a couple days. Accommodations are tough around Montague harbour but there are a few airbnb's, etc. If you have a car on the island there are more options. 5am-5pm are derby hours with weigh in at Montague Harbour. Still finalizing format but there will be prizes for retained salmon (clipped), lingcod and hali. Moorage is still available and can be made directly with Montague Marina. They are offering 2 for 1 moorage for derby particpants that weekend. thx

Back