2023 Tuna Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your outside of where we were getting them last year with your mark
Guy I know was catching them last year 3 miles out in HG in an 18 foot tinner full of garbage cans of ice.

Yikes hope they were light boys, I would be hesitant loading up on too much ice and one slurry bucket with my 25 footer. I’d hate to see a boat capsize due to too much weight and big wave.
I agree. But they came home with 20 fish, somehow. All hand lines tied to an aluminum pole strapped to the boat.

How many guys? 15*20=300lbs I guess you aren’t running back in for 3+ hours so ice isn’t as big a concern.

You going this year from Bamfield? It was a blast!
Two guys. It's a meat trip for them. Waited for the best conditions when the Tuna were the closest they could be. Quick out and back to fill the shelves. They treat fishing differently out there it seems. It's a volume game for the cheapest price.

I have zero plans for the summer. Have to see how the new arrival stirs things up.

My boat is around the same size and I had no issues extending my coverage for further offshore. To my surprise, it didn't even cost me any extra premium. Johnston Meier insurance is the broker, underwritten by RSA.

Seen this, and am in the same situation renewing insurance. Wondering who anyone else is using and getting coverage out that far?
Run out of nootka for most of the summer. 29’ trophy.
Feedback appreciated.

Seen this, and am in the same situation renewing insurance. Wondering who anyone else is using and getting coverage out that far?
Run out of nootka for most of the summer. 29’ trophy.
Feedback appreciated.
Was able to switch brokers in Victoria and they switched me to the limits shared on here quickly.
Hendry, Swinton, McKenzie Insurance Services Inc.

963 Langford Parkway

Victoria, BC V9B 0A5

T: (250) 940-9422

www.hsminsurance.com

There’s a pretty good chance that Erica and I may make it up to fish with one of y’all. She was with us in Tofino last year and is one of our A crew. Air Canada flights are pretty cheap from Seattle. Fingers crossed we make it work.

I really like the 0600 to 1600 hours. Tournaments sometimes result in folks pushing the situation and making bad decisions. These hours seem like they will keep people from running in darkness and have folks back to the dock in time for some BSing and good social time, which is what I enjoy.

Starting to prepare for our first-time tuna fishing. Spend lots of time offshore at Big Bank, but have yet to run much further offshore than that. We are hoping to link up with some buddy boats fish are within reach.

Warm water might be there but I haven’t heard that the tuna have moved in yet. Washington folks have a lot more eyes on the water and I haven’t read about any excitement down there yet. Looking forward to the frenzy when it occurs, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back