Status
Not open for further replies.
Still lots of fish around Sidney. Yesterday, 9 fish to the boat, released some JBLs looking for the big one.
Hope they stay around until the Sidney Anglers Enhancement fund raiser. Sold over 40 tickets the first week, less than 30 left.

Attachments

• 20230130_121606.jpg
    20230130_121606.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 113
About 10 shakers and 2 50cm’ers in Satellite today. Actioned packed 2 hours, fun for the kids but we’re only eating crab tonight.
Satellite is holding some fish right now! 3 shakers and 6 or so 45-55cm winters. Lost two very good size (peeling line like crazy) on the reef by Moses. DFO was poking around and confiscated some fish over at mill bay marina when we stopped in for lunch. Unclear the reason why.

Went out yesterday before the weather turns crappy this week. We hit a 86 cm fish. Seems big fish still around this winter. Just a few weeks to early for the derby so probably ruined my chances. Money fish for sure.
FYI only a few tickets left. Better get them before they are gone.

Looking for some clarity, is there a slot for 19-5 ? I can’t see any restrictions other than min 62cm but don’t see the max wild 67cm applied to the area of 19-5 Sidney area. Any help appreciated.

Looking for some clarity, is there a slot for 19-5 ? I can’t see any restrictions other than min 62cm but don’t see the max wild 67cm applied to the area of 19-5 Sidney area. Any help appreciated.
In Area19 it only appears to apply to 19-1,19-3,19-4 and Sub areas 20-4 to 20-7, unless there is some double secret regulations hidden in there.

Can anyone give any pointers on where/ hoe to fish around wain rock, salt spring or any other areas around there? New to fishing that area and just looking for pointers on where to fish. Thanks in advance

Was it just me or was fishing terrible today? 10 hours on the water without a keeper. Derby winner was a 18.6 lb followed by a 18.4 and a 17.2.

Seemed to be good numbers of fish around for us, mostly smaller. The only derby contender we got was lost to a long line release :( .

We did catch about 10 between 60-70cm and another 10 unders. Good action on the east side of Fairfax and in satellite channel. It was like playing bumper cars with US boats on the west side of Fairfax. It's crazy how many US boats are fishing Fairfax now.

Was it just me or was fishing terrible today? 10 hours on the water without a keeper. Derby winner was a 18.6 lb followed by a 18.4 and a 17.2.
Pretty hot fishing for us, 12 or more bites, 4 in the boat up to 11 lbs and lost 4 good fish. seemed to be hit and miss or slow overall for most. great derby put on by mill bay!

Seemed to be good numbers of fish around for us, mostly smaller. The only derby contender we got was lost to a long line release :( .

We did catch about 10 between 60-70cm and another 10 unders. Good action on the east side of Fairfax and in satellite channel. It was like playing bumper cars with US boats on the west side of Fairfax. It's crazy how many US boats are fishing Fairfax now.
Was talking to the Bellingham fishing club last week and asked them what their chinook season is. They were only open for two weeks in 2022 for retention of clipped fish only, and this year won't be better. Expect to see more of them up here this year catching the hatchery fish.

Was talking to the Bellingham fishing club last week and asked them what their chinook season is. They were only open for two weeks in 2022 for retention of clipped fish only, and this year won't be better. Expect to see more of them up here this year catching the hatchery fish.
Yes thank you for speaking to us, I wish I could've attended the presentation. It's unfortunate our respective governments have unleashed an all-out assault on recreational fishing. Our season last year was NINE whole days of chinook fishing (and marked selective only) ALL YEAR. We'd much prefer to fish our own waters to catch the hatchery fish we paid for, but unfortunately have to spend inordinate amounts of money to do what we've done our entire lives up until ~2016 when our fishery was taken from us. Not a fishing report, I know. Just wanted to say thanks for speaking with us and commiserate a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back