Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anyone has had any luck in the inlet catching sockeye or chinooks lately? Thanks
I went in to get a night of moorage on thursday for a weekend trip to bamfield. Lady at the port authority said her friend caught 2 sox in 2.5 hrs last LAST weekend (May 6). Crazy. It's early but people are getting them I guess. I tried for 45mins at cous on friday with kinda the wrong gear but needed to kill 45 mins while waiting for friends and caught nothing. I'll probably try Fri/Sat. Curious to hear the report from @Outtaline!

I went in to get a night of moorage on thursday for a weekend trip to bamfield. Lady at the port authority said her friend caught 2 sox in 2.5 hrs last LAST weekend (May 6). Crazy. It's early but people are getting them I guess. I tried for 45mins at cous on friday with kinda the wrong gear but needed to kill 45 mins while waiting for friends and caught nothing. I'll probably try Fri/Sat. Curious to hear the report from @Outtaline!
Now im getting FOMO

Very much so.
Earliest we ever found them to do that and bite aggressively was a few years back - on May 28th.
Most years it is into June...

Cheers
Always say to my wife that I know a lot about fishing but nothing about fish!!! They never cease to amaze me. How many times have you gone out in perfect conditions and caught nothing and other days of far from perfect conditions and it’s brilliant! They have their own agenda and we are miles behind them!

I was hoping to bring my 6 year old son out for some sockeye fishing and camping out of China creek this year. He’d struggle with a crack of dawn start. Think we’d get into any with a 7 or 8am start?
In my limited experience the bite turns off around 8am, but I've been told there's a night bite.

I was hoping to bring my 6 year old son out for some sockeye fishing and camping out of China creek this year. He’d struggle with a crack of dawn start. Think we’d get into any with a 7 or 8am start?
Year before last you could catch them all throughout the morning.

Make him a bed on the boat and let him sleep while you get out and set up. If you get into some action he will be up and pumped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back