Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty snotty this morning. Still catching lots of Coho, couldn't find the springs. Friday night caught 3 pinks.

A couple of raggedy forum members manage to stumble onto a mixed bag of Chinooks, wild and hatchery cohos plus a couple of pinks at Entrance today fishing from 100
to150 feet on the rigger on anything except plugs
Sweet to hear. Heading out tomorrow morning first thing.

Iv tried jigging off my Kayak a few trips now off of neck point. And 0 salmon to show for it. Whats a key color for my jig or what am i missing. I see bait and work it but nothing.

Iv tried jigging off my Kayak a few trips now off of neck point. And 0 salmon to show for it. Whats a key color for my jig or what am i missing. I see bait and work it but nothing.
Half jigs work very well in Nanaimo waters

With that said I’ve found the jigging bite to be very speratic around neck and the fingers. Some days it’s mid day others evening. Will be dead working bait seeing marks nothing nothing and all of a sudden game on. Last year didn’t seem to matter the tide or time of day was very good. Entrance has been consistent for me jigging this year.
Good luck !

Was out near the fingers the last two evenings from 730-9. Pretty slow for us Saturday with just a hatch coho. Last night was better but nothing in the slot. One around 83cm and another similar we didn't get to net. Nice to see some larger fish this year.

It seems like more bait is moving in too. Our fish were at 100 and 120, spoons and hootchies.

Fished yesterday and this morning in and around fingers with flatlander(alberta) and newfy family who have never salmon fished before.

Yesterday started off with a thrown serpentine belt just before we got to fingers, so I started trolling and im setting down the starboard rod
I hear ploosh? Look over to the sound and it a bunch of bananas!!?? Im like wtf BANANAS!! LOL
My wife was talking with her family and they are discussing food they brought, fruit she says, wife said no bananas rite? They say oh yeah a bunch want 1, noo bananas are bad lol , we gotta get rid of these before Steve sees them, overboard the wife tosses them thi king Im on other side, but low and behold throws them rite out in front of me LOL TOOO FUNNY We all had the best laughs over that, so if anyone saw a bunch of bananas out there yesterday, now you know the reat of the story LOL
anyways replaced the belt with the spare i keep on boat, its never happened before but glad I over prepare for sh!$, lol

Yesterday was definitely the better day for catching, lots of fish to boat, they snapped off at least 3 gooder springs, beauty wild coho 8lb? range released, countless small coho and springs.(maybe some pinks but were released anyways)
Kept 2 beautiful hatchery coho and 3 just under 80cm springs yesterday,
We trolled and jigged in bait, the slot springs came in while jigging in bait at 100ft on zingers everything else was trolled.

Today alot of fishing and not much to boat, lost at boat 2 nice coho, couldn't tell if hatchery or wild, and a few small springs or pinks released(didnt matter they weren't coming in boat anyways)
We fished all depths from the bottom to the top 60ft with spoons and needle fish hootchie, both had same results.
We joked today we should have brought a bunch of bananas today with us lol

Fun had by all, great weekend, Fish has been packed and they're off to ferry line-up! Glad its them taking the boat on a longweekend monday and not me with no rezz..

Last edited:
Awesome flat calm day out on the water. Fished entrance from 9-11:30. Had family out from Saskatchewan so it was an extra treat for them. Tons of fish marked on the sounder, some bait right at the bottom. Released 6 unclipped coho that were around 7-8lbs. Had about 20 fish to the boat and more long line releases. 150-170', spoons with something green on it seemed to be the ticket. Nice way to end the weekend after being skunked at French Creek on Saturday.1000010619.jpg

Finally got out fishing off Nanaimo this morning , been quite awhile since I have gotten out. Took a friend out for his birthday and what a beautiful morning it was out there.
Left the launch around 5:45am and it was flat calm. Started by the fingers and it was steady action with wild coho and small springs. White hootchie was killing it. Could barely get the second rod with a spoon down sometimes. Fished 100-140 on the riggers. By 8:30 it was slowing down for us and everyone was still catching smaller fish. We pack up and decided to try Entrance. Got there and realized my chart plotter was having issues, and I had no map. Si while we were trolling blind I downloaded the Navionics app and finally saw what was around us. It was slow for us with just a pink for our efforts. Spent the last hour or so jigging with no luck. Packed it in around 11am.

Seemed like all the fish I saw being caught were on small side. Pinks/coho.3C1E165C-A8F6-498A-BC68-104158011824.jpeg0F3FA8B2-7E07-4650-99EA-D56B3F0DC38D.jpeg

Last edited:
Awesome flat calm day out on the water. Fished entrance from 9-11:30. Had family out from Saskatchewan so it was an extra treat for them. Tons of fish marked on the sounder, some bait right at the bottom. Released 6 unclipped coho that were around 7-8lbs. Had about 20 fish to the boat and more long line releases. 150-170', spoons with something green on it seemed to be the ticket. Nice way to end the weekend after being skunked at French Creek on Saturday.View attachment 95886
May I ask where abouts around Entrance? Today was my first time there and I have no idea on the areas.

Also had a great day at entrance on Monday, 3 slot chinooks, lost 2 screamers, 2 hatchery coho, released a pile of nice wilds, a 1 pink, and 3 nice eating sized lings. Tons of boats out.

Worked the washing machine for short run off the fingers early afternoon yesterday. Hooked a lot of large coho down from 120 to 150ft. Didn't really concentrate on looking for springs.

Did quick evening fishes from 730-900pm Monday and Wednesday night. Fished from Clark Rock to Neckpoint. No keepers in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back