Status
Not open for further replies.
After hooking a few undersized, we pulled this one from 100 feet. Not much of a fight, typical dead weight drag with a few head shakes.
22lbs
94cm
Very tasty family diner and still 2 more meals in the freezer.

Attachments

• IMG_5716.jpeg
    IMG_5716.jpeg
    359.1 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_5714.jpeg
    IMG_5714.jpeg
    294.6 KB · Views: 134
Yeah it was on fire this morning. Fished Entrance Island 7:30-9am non stop action, 4 hatch coho bonked, a few wilds released, a few shook off, and 2 springs to the boat and released (12 & 15lb approx). Only two of us, so limited out, but could have kept going on the coho for sure.
The coho killer spoon at 70 and the purple flasher/purple hootchie at 55 produced equally.

Went to a nearby undisclosed top secret location ;) and hammered out 2 perfect eating lings (12 & 18lb).Bit of rain but calm all day. Just a beauty.

(2 of the fish are scaled that’s why so dark. Were all beauty chrome)

Attachments

• AF801F4B-55C2-437F-A20B-894A2EC10668.jpeg
    AF801F4B-55C2-437F-A20B-894A2EC10668.jpeg
    296.4 KB · Views: 134
Got out today 12-4 with a buddy and his young son. Their first time ocean fishing. Steady action off the fingers. Probably 6 springs and 6 coho ( maybe more as I figured they were springs and didn’t bring them out of the water to closely check) to the boat. Kept one nice size hatchery. Lost quite a few as I let them play all the fish. Fished kinda shallow 100’ and 120’. Spoons and white hootchie worked great. Great times.

Got out today 12-4 with a buddy and his young son. Their first time ocean fishing. Steady action off the fingers. Probably 6 springs and 6 coho ( maybe more as I figured they were springs and didn’t bring them out of the water to closely check) to the boat. Kept one nice size hatchery. Lost quite a few as I let them play all the fish. Fished kinda shallow 100’ and 120’. Spoons and white hootchie worked great. Great times.
Yes it was steady action the whole time i was out there

Yeah it was on fire this morning. Fished Entrance Island 7:30-9am non stop action, 4 hatch coho bonked, a few wilds released, a few shook off, and 2 springs to the boat and released (12 & 15lb approx). Only two of us, so limited out, but could have kept going on the coho for sure.
The coho killer spoon at 70 and the purple flasher/purple hootchie at 55 produced equally.

Went to a nearby undisclosed top secret location ;) and hammered out 2 perfect eating lings (12 & 18lb).Bit of rain but calm all day. Just a beauty.

(2 of the fish are scaled that’s why so dark. Were all beauty chrome)
nice size coho

Fished Entrance yesterday 6am-Noon. Had 2 rookies with me, the first 4 hours was a bit of a grind. Started with about 10 hits and none of them stuck… checked my hooks, rookies were grabbing the rod quick enough (I even tried a couple) and nothing. Odd. Then when we had some stick, rookies went 4 for 10 and only one was hatchery. So we’re 20 hits in and 1 coho in the box… even lost a flasher/hootchie on a fish that was on for 30 seconds or so. Also never happens to me. Double header at 10am produced a second hatch in the boat, and a mad scramble/tangle with a lost fish and dropped the net into the ocean. Started questioning myself “can I even fish?” Lol

Then at 10am we found a school of mostly all hatchery, and now the boys have things figured out… and we go like 8 for 9 with the no net method, grab the flasher and flop them in. Can’t do anything wrong now. Funny how that works.

Ended with limit of 6 hatchery coho, and a couple nice springs played and released. Super calm out there all day. Purple flasher and purple/white hootchie at 55-60 was the ticket today.

Last edited:
Fished around fingers for a few hours in the afternoon/evening yesterday. Brechin was packed! Consistent mix of coho and chinook but couldn't find a hatchery. Bait was so thick in spots my sounder couldn't find bottom. Most takes were in the double-digit depths on the rigger. Got tired of releasing fish so moved on to another spot to try to find my first keeper lingcod. Came close on a few but no dice...again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back