2022 Tuna Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be in Bamfield fishing Aug 14-19, if anybody want to run and we get a weather window and decent chloro shot, PM me. Westport to the south is lights out right now, 45 nm out, but haven't looked to see if the highway has connected up to JDF,
fb

Longer leader (wire?) on braided line? I am sure you would be chasing the fish. A challenge though, at the limits of halibut gear I think.
Minimum 10' of 200# test mono that bill goes up 'n down the leader like a rat-tail file.

If tuna why not Marlin or sword fish?
Sword fish do show up here, just no recreational catches that I'm aware of:

As for landing a marlin on typical BC tuna gear, depend on the size of the fish and the operator. Striped marlin can be caught on small, size 10-12, lever drag reels if the operators are paying attention. I've been on boats that have done it, it was a chase.

Looking like Sunday or Monday out of Bamfield for me, I’d be launching in port Sunday around 6am, so hopefully the weather holds until Monday. Anyone wanna buddy up PM me to exchange info

Hi All... headed to WH in high hopes of going Tuna fishing for the first time.... 27 footer with twin 200's... will be buying all the tackle we need from PNT on the way up... wondering if anyone with experience would be headed out and mind a tag along sometime during Sept 9 to 13th? Please contact me if you can help out! Thanks!

Hi All... headed to WH in high hopes of going Tuna fishing for the first time.... 27 footer with twin 200's... will be buying all the tackle we need from PNT on the way up... wondering if anyone with experience would be headed out and mind a tag along sometime during Sept 9 to 13th? Please contact me if you can help out! Thanks!
Good luck we are going to be up there from the 2 to the 10th. If we are heading out on 9th it would be great to have you along for the ride.

Hello Redman210, we will be arriving in WH September 9th and staying till the 15th. There will be a few of us boats shooting for the blue water that week, and would love to have you along side and help you pop your tuna cherry! We will be staying at Olis, and running on channel 12. Let’s get em!!

Hello Redman210, we will be arriving in WH September 9th and staying till the 15th. There will be a few of us boats shooting for the blue water that week, and would love to have you along side and help you pop your tuna cherry! We will be staying at Olis, and running on channel 12. Let’s get em!!
Excellent! I have seen you up there before... will reach out as we travel that way to ensure we can connect and pop that cherry! Thanks!

Excellent! I have seen you up there before... will reach out as we travel that way to ensure we can connect and pop that cherry! Thanks!
Feel free to text me or call for advice on what to pick up for gear. 250- 309-9239, I was showed what to to do, and how to do, and would love to share all my experiences, and show you. Never skunked on tuna. We will load the boats.

Feel free to text me or call for advice on what to pick up for gear. 250- 309-9239, I was showed what to to do, and how to do, and would love to share all my experiences, and show you. Never skunked on tuna. We will load the boats.
That's awesome!!
Getting skunked is a part of the game..... U don't want to..... But it will happen..... Out of about 40 trips........ I've been skunked 5 times..... not fun..... Just an expensive day!!!!

Will do... I will contact you near month end before we head out... from Calgary... so we spend two days getting out there. We leave the boat on the island in storage so plan on picking up all we need on the way... really looking forward to it.. and really appreciate you paying it forward, I like to do the same when I can. Thanks soooooo much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back