2022 Port Renfrew Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info. That's pretty much what I figured but it sounded like something was open at Renfrew and I missed it! Just have to wait....or travel! Thanks again.
Well you can fish for them, you just can’t have them for dinner lol, good times fishing without a boat in site

Best look it up yourself but I believe 1 NM inside the surf line salmon is open in Renfrew area. We were on a charter the other day. Got our halibut and fished for salmon. Was quite slow that day. We caught none and other boats in the area had 1-2. We were fishing in the Nit Nat area.

Best look it up yourself but I believe 1 NM inside the surf line salmon is open in Renfrew area. We were on a charter the other day. Got our halibut and fished for salmon. Was quite slow that day. We caught none and other boats in the area had 1-2. We were fishing in the Nit Nat area.
Funny how many chinook get hooked on Constance and landed in Nitinat…

Nitnat is 21 bud

what's the word on the 10 knot speed limit set to start June1 from Carmanah
How will it be enforced??
speed zone.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Its going ahead regardless of how stupid it is. I can't see the department changing it's mind at this stage without just closing down sections of the beach. Which is what they really wanted originally. I am hearing some of the guides are meeting with TC about it.

Guarantee it will be enforced somehow.

Its going ahead regardless of how stupid it is. I can't see the department changing it's mind at this stage without just closing down sections of the beach. Which is what they really wanted originally. I am hearing some of the guides are meeting with TC about it.

Guarantee it will be enforced somehow.
10knots in a big sea is putting life’s in danger period, I seen stupid but this one is takes the cake, some say business as usual .now fishing report, Hali is good if weather permits,bit soggy down here

Hey guys and gals,

I’ve been given a 3 night stay at handsome dans fishing lodge July 15th-18th for my birthday this year. Super stoked as we love renfrew and it’s beauty. Planning on trailering my 16’ deep V Glasply from Langford and mooring at pacific gateway. First time fishing out that way as we’ve always fished sooke/cheanuh area. Hoping to get into some salmon fishing and possibly dropping some crab traps. I’ve heard of spots such as Can Buoy, East point and Owen point. Will my little boat be able to fish those spots if the weather is decent? Would love if I could get some info on things to watch out for/ediquitte and possibly some general areas to target. Not looking for any specific spots or anything just a few pointers/tips for a guy in a smaller boat.

thanks in advance

All are right at the opening of the bay. Easy to find because they are full of boats. Owen closes sometime early summer so make sure to check the date. The bay get rough in late afternoon on sunny days - big thermal wind going up the mountain.

Hey guys and gals,

I’ve been given a 3 night stay at handsome dans fishing lodge July 15th-18th for my birthday this year. Super stoked as we love renfrew and it’s beauty. Planning on trailering my 16’ deep V Glasply from Langford and mooring at pacific gateway. First time fishing out that way as we’ve always fished sooke/cheanuh area. Hoping to get into some salmon fishing and possibly dropping some crab traps. I’ve heard of spots such as Can Buoy, East point and Owen point. Will my little boat be able to fish those spots if the weather is decent? Would love if I could get some info on things to watch out for/ediquitte and possibly some general areas to target. Not looking for any specific spots or anything just a few pointers/tips for a guy in a smaller boat.

thanks in advance
You can go anywhere along the beach with that boat,pick your days, it can blow up, but usually pretty good that time of year, all the spots are Easy to find, look for boats piled up in small area lol, etiquette went out the window long ago, pretty much every thing goes now a day, send me a pm when u come up, I will be fishing in the area at that time, and will have better info

Last edited:
Hey guys and gals,

thanks in advance

Like was mentioned by @brutus that boat is fine for all the local spots inside the bay and along the beach heading West. The only real etiquette that 80% of people still use is at East Point going counter clockwise in the loop. Also get you gear working just outside the area and merge into to traffic. Too many guys blast in the area and literally stop and put their gear out...lol Okay...rant over. lol I will be there when you show up as well for the 3 weeks before you arrive. I have my boat at Pacific Gateway as well so can give you any intel I have. Enjoy your trip.

Like was mentioned by @brutus that boat is fine for all the local spots inside the bay and along the beach heading West. The only real etiquette that 80% of people still use is at East Point going counter clockwise in the loop. Also get you gear working just outside the area and merge into to traffic. Too many guys blast in the area and literally stop and put their gear out...lol Okay...rant over. lol I will be there when you show up as well for the 3 weeks before you arrive. I have my boat at Pacific Gateway as well so can give you any intel I have. Enjoy your trip.
Or stop in the middle of the loop to fight a fish lol, completely insane,I tend to stay away from east point when it’s busy, it’s great late in the day till before dark

Or stop in the middle of the loop to fight a fish lol, completely insane,I tend to stay away from east point when it’s busy, it’s great late in the day till before dark
Does anyone have input on how far out from the beach the closure will start?

I saw the other day that someone was missing a prawn trap in the Renfrew area. Has anyone had any luck prawning there? I haven't really seen the structure that I'm use to prawning on the inside. As a long time Renfrew fishermen just curious. Not looking for a secret spot...lol And my boy has been bugging me to go prawning and trying to not have to trailer over for the day. Thanks.....

I saw the other day that someone was missing a prawn trap in the Renfrew area. Has anyone had any luck prawning there? I haven't really seen the structure that I'm use to prawning on the inside. As a long time Renfrew fishermen just curious. Not looking for a secret spot...lol And my boy has been bugging me to go prawning and trying to not have to trailer over for the day. Thanks.....
Never ever seen anybody prawning in this area

Does anyone have input on how far out from the beach the closure will start?
Gps coordinates are out now, for the stupid. New rules, already know of one guide that got a ticket In the slow zone, I was out Hali fishing yesterday and no slowing down for me or the douzen or so boats that where in the area.

Gps coordinates are out now, for the stupid. New rules, already know of one guide that got a ticket In the slow zone, I was out Hali fishing yesterday and no slowing down for me or the douzen or so boats that where in the area.
Ticket.....no. Educational speech more like it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back