2022 Port Renfrew Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all I'm heading to Port Renfrew on May long from Victoria never towed my boat there before but curious is it better to go through Duncan and Shawnigan Lake or through Sooke.

Go sooke way road is not as good, and few tight corners. 2 hours from Victoria .
If you were located north of the malahat I would go the other route.

Go through Cowichen. Longer but it’ll save your trailer & boat. The coastal route is fine except from the section through the trees between Jordan River to Sombrio. Awful. Maybe okay if you’re doing 20km/h.

Hello all I'm heading to Port Renfrew on May long from Victoria never towed my boat there before but curious is it better to go through Duncan and Shawnigan Lake or through Sooke.
Just be aware that which ever direction you come from its going to be bumpy, and yes thinking you are making good time can also be against you as you'll hit a bump in the road that will send your trailer off the hitch, let cars pass and take your time and make stops along the way.

What's open for salmon right now? I need a science calculator to figure what's open and which coordinates!

What's open for salmon right now? I need a science calculator to figure what's open and which coordinates!
Nothing lol, no science degree needed, no salmon till the 15 July, if you want to run to 21 salmon 2 per day, Hali is open. Brace yourself for no salmon season at all, could still happen I don’t trust our fisheries department one bit

Thanks for the info. That's pretty much what I figured but it sounded like something was open at Renfrew and I missed it! Just have to wait....or travel! Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back