2022 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coho are everywhere 7 wild to 1 hatch for us you can keep 1 wild a day fished back side of Malcolm did not see any springs.

Theres Coho from 20' to 150' and they have been biting anything that moves

Ive seen 2 good schools on the sounder and 1 finner bunch ,havent heard of any being caught yet.the seine testing should start anyday now so hopegully get a handle on whst the run size looks like

When people talk about the "backside" of Malcolm, do they mean the long north side of the island or the shorter north east section
typically the stretch between Lizard Point and Donegal Head - loads of coho and pink there right now - coho decent size 6-8lb....oops edit: coho not exactly a draw anymore as its closed now and we didn't see a single hatch

Did anyone see this boat fishing Donegal last week? I’ve never seen it before…anyone know what’s it’s about?

Attachments

• 67F5AE5E-37D6-4220-B2FC-2DD177D59AE3.jpeg
    67F5AE5E-37D6-4220-B2FC-2DD177D59AE3.jpeg
    273.3 KB · Views: 150
Did anyone see this boat fishing Donegal last week? I’ve never seen it before…anyone know what’s it’s about?
I definitely saw it a couple days , as as what's it about, well it about 50' with 2250hp and I don't want his fuel bill.

typically the stretch between Lizard Point and Donegal Head - loads of coho and pink there right now - coho decent size 6-8lb....oops edit: coho not exactly a draw anymore as its closed now and we didn't see a single hatch
What do you mean closed?

Thanks. Just got back and had not seen this notice. I guess it’s springs. Any around?
We were there last week, and locals including guides were saying "no springs yet". We caught a few feeders around the lower limit. Lots of people were catching pinks, and coho was hot and cold as schools passed thru.

You can keep coho [1 wild/1 hatchery] on the mainland side after August 1 - we've done okay at the mouth of Wells and Fife over the years.

We were there last week, and locals including guides were saying "no springs yet". We caught a few feeders around the lower limit. Lots of people were catching pinks, and coho was hot and cold as schools passed thru.

You can keep coho [1 wild/1 hatchery] on the mainland side after August 1 - we've done okay at the mouth of Wells and Fife over the years.
Ok that’s what I thought. West side it is in a week or so.

Thanks. Just got back and had not seen this notice. I guess it’s springs. Any around?
we got about 8 springs....3 in the 77-80 range, couple around 8-12lb, few 5lb area. Lost another low teener at boat when it didn't matter (maxed out). Not like a couple years back, but no complaints. They were all deeper.

There's still springs around , definitely not hot and heavy but Had an 79cm yesterday and released one today that measured 41 x 26 , you do the math.

Well we've had company here for 4 days and spring fishing was a bit of a struggle for slot limit springs. The first 3 days had produced only 2 keepers for the 4 guys but 2 of the guys had to let go springs over 100cm which was a fun battle to watch, 1 taped out to be 36.5 pounds and was his biggest salmon ever . The last day was excellent fishing and they picked 4 more slot limit springs , 3 in the high 70s and 1 right at 70 ,also 1 more 100cm fish that taped out to 28 pounds. Looks like a few more here today as while I type this I get photos from a buddy and his wife out there with 2 in the box. Hope it holds out for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back