2022 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felt like the sockeye bite wasnt as hot today as it was earlier in the week… only got one today. How has everyone else been doing?

Friends went to cous last night from 4 till 8. 16 sockeye and an 18.5 lb spring. Still good. Seems like the schools just move around a little. Get on-top of them and they are biting
Wow that's badass! How deep for the chinook? I've been thinking of stacking one down around 69' for nookies and keeping another around 42.0' for sox.
@Ceviche I got 9 in the tub this morning and (others on my boat) lost 5-6 or whatever. Gotta yard them sox into the boat hard!

My '08 115hp etec **** the bed right as I was heading into my spot at fishermans harbor. Spent the afternoon sorting it out and I'l be back out there tomorrow early! See you guys on the water.

Good bite this morning between 6 and 7. Out solo and had 2 double headers. Got my limit and lost 5 or 6. Watch for gillnetters. I almost ran a net over on my run back home between stamp narrows and polly point!

Freezer is filling up time to fire up the smoker or get a bigger freezer!!

My weekend is free. Considering Sockeye fishing the Inlet. Still decent? Or towing out to Ukee, but not feeling the effort right now if I can just hang more local.

Any recent report, is China creek close enough. Cheers

My weekend is free. Considering Sockeye fishing the Inlet. Still decent? Or towing out to Ukee, but not feeling the effort right now if I can just hang more local.

Any recent report, is China creek close enough. Cheers
heard still some nice fish milling around China Creek to Cous, few Springs too , i may give it a whirl Monday/Tuesday , somthing different...Fishalot seems to be dialed in ...;) ( seeing fish going through the counters...)

heard still some nice fish milling around China Creek to Cous, few Springs too , i may give it a whirl Monday/Tuesday , somthing different...Fishalot seems to be dialed in ...;) ( seeing fish going through the counters...)
Figures I now see a few fish going through but hardly any for a week or two before?

Last edited:
Actually I have noticed an almost complete absence going through, like maybe one an hour on average the last few days nothing at night at all. Ever since the test fishery stopped the counter numbers have almost disappeared as soon as it hit 530,000 or so.

Is this normal?
with the warmer weather , lower river conditions , this is normal , i dont thing theres a huge amount coming through anymore , there still trickling in , hearing still being caught pretty good near China Creek , low pressure on them now , there holding for cooler and higher water now , imo...

Any word on the labour day salmon festival.
Saw the guy carrying the trophy out of Tyee Landing. Said he got a 24.5er on saturday morning.
Still hot for sockeye in the morning?
Not for me. My boat was a sockeye magnet last week out by Cous. Went out at first light today and did my usual thing and didn't even get a bite. Swapped to herring aid skinny g and UV hootchie, headed over to lone tree and sped up the kicker a bit to go for chinook. No bites with that either! Hoping things heat up when I'm back at the end of the month.

Reactions: MRW
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back