2022 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came through Port Alberni on Monday any returning fish don't have a chance as the entire river is netted. How does this make sense for conservation if we all can't fish let's make it all of us.

no putting the lid back on that can of worms, it might take all sectors to say fk it and just go fishing to change, but that won't happen with the west coast CDN mentality

FYI..When I launched their last week, 1 boat had stung across while of river, had to move their net down by mill to let me exit the river..all others were up in the shallows

Just came through Port Alberni on Monday any returning fish don't have a chance as the entire river is netted. How does this make sense for conservation if we all can't fish let's make it all of Just came through Port Alberni on Monday any returning fish don't have a chance as the entire river is netted. How does this make sense for conservation if we all can't fish let's make it all of us.
Well,I can tell you right now (unfortunately) that subject is brought up every year and nothing is going to change-it’s all politics.
Common sense is not part of the equation.

Hi, I'm planning to go to port alberni and fish the 20th ofJune. I've never been and debating on staying at poets nook or macktush. Any suggestions on areas to fish for sockeye. Looking forward to cross this on off the list!

Hi, I'm planning to go to port alberni and fish the 20th ofJune. I've never been and debating on staying at poets nook or macktush. Any suggestions on areas to fish for sockeye. Looking forward to cross this on off the list!
If you are focusing strictly on sockeye, Macktush would be the better bet as you are right next to the fishing spots. Depending on run size and timing, they can be right out front of the campsite, up around the point in Hook Bay and Nahmint Bay. More folks seem to focus on the narrows and east, down towards Underwood and China Creek. Anywhere and everywhere right in that zone would work great (if the fish are there).

This comes up every year and needs to be discussed in the Conservation section. Please leave the reports section for fishing reports.

If you are focusing strictly on sockeye, Macktush would be the better bet as you are right next to the fishing spots. Depending on run size and timing, they can be right out front of the campsite, up around the point in Hook Bay and Nahmint Bay. More folks seem to focus on the narrows and east, down towards Underwood and China Creek. Anywhere and everywhere right in that zone would work great (if the fish are there).
Awesome info thanks! I'm planning on focusing on sockeye but if it is slow will there be chinook or coho running the same time there to?

Awesome info thanks! I'm planning on focusing on sockeye but if it is slow will there be chinook or coho running the same time there to?JUNE 20,

June 20 or thereabouts, no, not really. If you want to target them that early, hang a right and continue up the inlet towards Pill Point and that should put you into some of those coho and chinook. About 30 mins from Macktush by boat, give or take.

Camping at china creek and tried for sockeye from there down to bamfield friday/saturday. Saw some jumpers but no schools or action on the rods to speak of. Bamfield wall and numukamis bay were on fire for chinook landed 6 in 2 hours on my sockeye gear in numukamis lol
That's pretty early to have consistent fishing far in the sound. Any size to the spring yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back