Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out from 6-8pm with my daughter. Beautiful evening. So calm. Started by Clark Rock and worked our way to Neck Point keeping close to the shore. Nothing. Switched up the spoons. Nailed a 69cm spring just past Neck Point. Then started our tack back forwards the fingers but this time stayed on the outside of the hump off Neck Point. Lots of bait Got 79cm spring to finish the night off.
Busy at the cleaning table and the creel surveyor was saying it was a steady Night out there.
That's a killer combo right there.

Went out from 6-8pm with my daughter. Beautiful evening. So calm. Started by Clark Rock and worked our way to Neck Point keeping close to the shore. Nothing. Switched up the spoons. Nailed a 69cm spring just past Neck Point. Then started our tack back forwards the fingers but this time stayed on the outside of the hump off Neck Point. Lots of bait Got 79cm spring to finish the night off.
Busy at the cleaning table and the creel surveyor was saying it was a steady Night out there.

Forgot to mention. The larger spring had 4-5” herring and also a squid in the stomach (never seen a squid as a meal off Nanaimo)
Nice to see one nearer the top of the slot. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come.

Forgot to mention. The larger spring had 4-5” herring and also a squid in the stomach (never seen a squid as a meal off Nanaimo)
Nice work! Looked liked an amazing night out there, lots of boats too.

My dad and I had an unreal day over at Entrance today with the master Jason Tonelli of Pacific Anglers. Today was part two of the mastering local saltwater salmon course which built upon the classroom session in part 1; it was all about on the water training. Holy smokes there’s lots to learn but Jason does a great job of explaining and teaching in a perfect pace to not overload you.
We started fishing this morning at La Grande; then headed over to the Trench where the bite was unreal. We got 3 keepers, released another 6 keepers, lost 4, and even released a rock fish(got to use my auto descender which was cool) Glow flashers and chartreuse hoochies got the job done today. It was a perfect day on the water and a silky smooth ride home.

I can’t thank Jason enough for all the help and support in getting my new to me Grady dialed for salmon fishing in our area. Some great pics to share! Oh and also checkout the cool decal my wife made me for the boats official name “one fish Thu fish”
I highly recommend this course by Pacific Anglers to anyone looking to further their knowledge of our local salmon fishery, it really creates a great foundation to work with for salmon fishing here in vancouver.

Mind me asking roughly what kind of depths you guys were finding the better sized fish at?

Got out for the late evening shift today. Water didn’t settle as much as I thought it would before the NW picks up. Still a great night out there and many boats said they picked up one or two keepers.
I Tried the same tack as the bearded one and had a handful of small chinooks about 2-3lbs. Got one to the boat that I should have kept but released for another day. Was about 7-8lbs. No love on hootchies, all the love on spoons at Wayne Gretzky. 8CAE4282-D8C1-4A77-9930-D25E58FB20CB.jpegE9A72AB2-4E12-487A-A48E-D8322EB025B1.jpeg

Got out for the late evening shift today. Water didn’t settle as much as I thought it would before the NW picks up. Still a great night out there and many boats said they picked up one or two keepers.
I Tried the same tack as the bearded one and had a handful of small chinooks about 2-3lbs. Got one to the boat that I should have kept but released for another day. Was about 7-8lbs. No love on hootchies, all the love on spoons at Wayne Gretzky. View attachment 82676View attachment 82677

I got mine deeper. 140’ on the riggers. Has seemed like a productive depth this year so far or Maybe cause I’m lazy and I don’t like reeling any more line then that.

Afternoon,

In the cowichan and usually fish out of sooke but I'm thinking about towing the boat up and trying for a quick fish this evening near the fingers. Was there anyone out Sunday or Monday that can suggest what depths and combos were working for them?

Afternoon,

In the cowichan and usually fish out of sooke but I'm thinking about towing the boat up and trying for a quick fish this evening near the fingers. Was there anyone out Sunday or Monday that can suggest what depths and combos were working

Skinny g in herring aide and no-bananas paired with a green glow flasher are productive combos. 130 to 150 feet has been the best for myself.

Picked up a couple nice slot fish with the family last night on the high slack between Neck and Fingers on spoons, 140 to 160. Tons of undersized out there as well.

Might Fish French Creek or Thrasher on my way back to Van at 3PM. What's the word? Where are the better fish?

Both are hot sounds like but French Creek is providing me with good slot fish every evening I've been out these past 2 weeks.
Awesome. Still fishing bottom or are they suspended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back