2021 Ucluelet Reports

You’ll do fine, it’s not that the fish aren’t there, I’m sure they will be. But that could be the problem lol. Having to let half your catch go in a day at the side of the boat cause they are 5 cm too long would suck. If it has to be it has to be better than not going at all thats for sure.
There is a lot of great fishing spots open for 2 a day, any size all around Uki. Wouldn’t stress about getting 4 nice springs to take home.

Anybody looking to book prime time better get at it it’s getting tight. Worst part is lots of places aren’t taking reservations for out of province bookings. I finally found us a decent place that will fit us all in ( 3 men ) Going to be about a 15 min drive for us each day but I had to grab something. Just trying to book a slip at Island West now but that’s like sending a raven with a note in it’s mouth trying to get a hold of someone there this time of year.

Anybody looking to book prime time better get at it it’s getting tight. Worst part is lots of places aren’t taking reservations for out of province bookings. I finally found us a decent place that will fit us all in ( 3 men ) Going to be about a 15 min drive for us each day but I had to grab something. Just trying to book a slip at Island West now but that’s like sending a raven with a note in it’s mouth trying to get a hold of someone there this time of year.
Call closer to summer. If the LOA is less than 22 ft you won't have a problem getting a slip. You can try sending an email or contacting them via the website. Last year it took a couple days for them to get back to me.

Call closer to summer. If the LOA is less than 22 ft you won't have a problem getting a slip. You can try sending an email or contacting them via the website. Last year it took a couple days for them to get back to me.
Thanks Saveth.
Yes I left a phone message and sent an email in regards to the slip, I’m sure they’ll get back to me at their own convenience.

I have a 3 bed I hold off posting online as I use it for some of my charter guests. I don't post it online to the general public till may or June but there's about 20 nights I know I won't be needing in July and August (family time etc). Can put five guys in seperate beds or just have it set up as two kings and a queen. If anyone's interested pm me.

Anyone know if Ucluelet Charters is still in business?

Have tried contacting them but no answer yet.

Anyone know if Ucluelet Charters is still in business?

Have tried contacting them but no answer yet.
Is that Brock? He had a guide last year and haven't heard that he isn't running a boat this year. You could try and get him at Natural Elements Vacation Rentals.

I have a 3 bed I hold off posting online as I use it for some of my charter guests. I don't post it online to the general public till may or June but there's about 20 nights I know I won't be needing in July and August (family time etc). Can put five guys in seperate beds or just have it set up as two kings and a queen. If anyone's interested pm me.

Can you send me more info? I usually stay with natural elements but they now have a 7 night minimum, which is just too long for our group. We usually book 4-5 nights at the end of July.

Got a hold of Island West. Slip is booked, and also confirmed a room with them so I’ll cancel the other place. Have to fit 3 men in a double room but no biggy their rooms are big enough to fit a cot in there. I like island west, not fancy but it’s a fishing place they leave you alone to do your thing there. We are there to fish not to hang out in the room anyways, just a place to dry clothes and sleep and shower.
6 solid full days of fishing beginning of Aug in Ucluelet,, here we come. Man trip only I can see some 12 hr days coming up, I love it. Now start checking off the calendar.
Going to be a great year I can tell !!

Got my holidays approved and booked up for early August... My boy and and girlfriend are looking forward to checking out the scene, im sure it's going to be a great experience.

What is the black bomber (black sea bass) fishing like the first week of August and are they good to eat?
THX
Mmmmm awesome for fish tacos. We got a lot of smaller ones last year first week of august.

Looks we have potential trip up there end of July for 4 days. I don't no anything about area. Barkley yes but never that area. Were only 18-19 ft boats group of us, so doubt were going way offshore. Should be interesting.

What is the black bomber (black sea bass) fishing like the first week of August and are they good to eat?
THX
Use your Trout or Bass gear and any flashy little thing-also think about adding a trailer hook they can be short biters.

Got a hold of Island West. Slip is booked, and also confirmed a room with them so I’ll cancel the other place. Have to fit 3 men in a double room but no biggy their rooms are big enough to fit a cot in there. I like island west, not fancy but it’s a fishing place they leave you alone to do your thing there. We are there to fish not to hang out in the room anyways, just a place to dry clothes and sleep and shower.
6 solid full days of fishing beginning of Aug in Ucluelet,, here we come. Man trip only I can see some 12 hr days coming up, I love it. Now start checking off the calendar.
Going to be a great year I can tell !!
we will be there from the 1st to 14th family vacation and fishing trip. We will see you guys on the water again im sure.

we will be there from the 1st to 14th family vacation and fishing trip. We will see you guys on the water again im sure.
Right on Kevin, see you guys there. We will do the sharing info once again try and keep on top of the action.

I know a party of 4 that is looking for a guide out of Ukee in June. If anyone has any recommendations please drop me a message. Thanks!

I know a party of 4 that is looking for a guide out of Ukee in June. If anyone has any recommendations please drop me a message. Thanks!
If they are out of province I would be checking if anyone is offering accommodations that soon before they look at a charter.

Back