I was thinking about it but I just took my TR3s in for servicing today so probably not. I wonder how many rod tickets will be sold. 5000/1000/500 for top 3 makes me think theyre not expecting a ton of participants. 33 rod tickets to break even and anything beyond that will go to a good cause.

Hey guys, Im back from guiding for the season now. My builder has asked me to get some pics asap for a feature in a local magazine, so if anybodys out on the water today Id love to get an action shot. If not no big deal, Ill just dunk it and get a few dock shots. I hope everybody had a good season locally!
I am aware this is too late, however my father is a professional photographer. We fish out of Sidney most Sundays and he usually has one of his cameras with him. Anyone who sees this, feel free to DM me and we can try and organize a few pictures for you provided schedules align. At the launch, we are the 16' Legend with too much stuff in it, and I drive the red Tacoma with the Canopy and roof rack.

Alright collective intelligence!
My bachelor party is tomorrow, so of course I chose fishing! We're taking the new boat out to Sidney (most convenient for a maiden voyage). Where should I fish? May run to Pender as it's supposed to be calm...

Alright collective intelligence!
My bachelor party is tomorrow, so of course I chose fishing! We're taking the new boat out to Sidney (most convenient for a maiden voyage). Where should I fish? May run to Pender as it's supposed to be calm...
The Sidney Fishing Derby is on tomorrow day light till 5pm, follow all of those boats and you'll be ok. Since its your bachelor party. Enter the derby online. $200.00 per rod, Great Gift. Online closes at Midnight tonight

We opted to skip fishing and run to Salt Spring for the Rock Salt as it was pretty gross for my unseasoned friends. The boat ramp was a ghost town with only 6 trucks / trailers at noon. Hope derbyers had a good time!

Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce Ya-a Tsi-i (soon to be renamed). A 1994 Campion Explorer 185. 2007 115 and 1994 9.9 Yam 4 strokes push her along effortlessly. Single owner, well maintained thing of beauty.

Replaced the original Eagle sounder with a new Garmin 74sv and took advantage of some calm seas to give the new boat her maiden-fishing-voyage.

Took her around Sidney Spit for some loops around the point / lumps. Wasn't skunked, so here's the picture of the first fish (still counts)!

A few minor things to poke at:
- Downrigger pancake weight had bent fins so they basically plowed through the water. Even at idle, the blowback was 75 degrees!
- Rod straps to keep them from flying out of the flush mount rod holders
- Prop Guard. The DRs are mounted a bit forward which will make starboard turns a bit nail-biting.

She is 20 years newer than any boat I've owned. Nothing but good feelings towards her and I'm DYING to go on adventures.

Boat!.jpg Fishy.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce Ya-a Tsi-i (soon to be renamed). A 1994 Campion Explorer 185. 2007 115 and 1994 9.9 Yam 4 strokes push her along effortlessly. Single owner, well maintained thing of beauty.

Replaced the original Eagle sounder with a new Garmin 74sv and took advantage of some calm seas to give the new boat her maiden-fishing-voyage.

Took her around Sidney Spit for some loops around the point / lumps. Wasn't skunked, so here's the picture of the first fish (still counts)!

A few minor things to poke at:
- Downrigger pancake weight had bent fins so they basically plowed through the water. Even at idle, the blowback was 75 degrees!
- Rod straps to keep them from flying out of the flush mount rod holders
- Prop Guard. The DRs are mounted a bit forward which will make starboard turns a bit nail-biting.

She is 20 years newer than any boat I've owned. Nothing but good feelings towards her and I'm DYING to go on adventures.

View attachment 70467 View attachment 70468
Ho Roberson, I’ve got the same boat and I’ve got a question about your electric down riggers. Are they mounted on the HDPE plastic gunwales? Mine are and there seems to be quite a bit of flex while lowering and retrieving the cannon balls. Also, my boat has trim tabs which I dont know what You would do with out. Look forward to hearing from you

Ho Roberson, I’ve got the same boat and I’ve got a question about your electric down riggers. Are they mounted on the HDPE plastic gunwales? Mine are and there seems to be quite a bit of flex while lowering and retrieving the cannon balls. Also, my boat has trim tabs which I dont know what You would do with out. Look forward to hearing from you
When I had a campion I ran an upright gusset from the floor, anchored into a stringer to the underside of the gunnel to stop that flexing

I have the same boat as well. Riggers are mounted near the back, not on those plastic gunwales. Wouldn’t truss those. It works great for me.
4CAC512D-EF78-4776-A1F5-535CF71EFBD4.jpeg47B77A07-39D2-4CA6-8CFF-2E186F81EEC6.jpeg

I have the same boat as well. Riggers are mounted near the back, not on those plastic gunwales. Wouldn’t truss those. It works great for me.
View attachment 70758View attachment 70760
Did you mount them with bolts/nuts or screws? I was doing some wiring and couldn't reach up into that area!

My riggers are on the hdpe plastic. One side has a support rod from the floor to the underside for support. The only time I've been out it seemed good, though. Haven't used the other side yet (long story, bad wiring, forgot ball etc...)

Don't really want to move the DRs back though and leave holes. Wife thinks that leaving the mounting plates in place and putting new ones in further back would look 'weird'

Did you mount them with bolts/nuts or screws? I was doing some wiring and couldn't reach up into that area!

My riggers are on the hdpe plastic. One side has a support rod from the floor to the underside for support. The only time I've been out it seemed good, though. Haven't used the other side yet (long story, bad wiring, forgot ball etc...)

Don't really want to move the DRs back though and leave holes. Wife thinks that leaving the mounting plates in place and putting new ones in further back would look 'weird'
Please don't mount your downriggers with screws! Use ss bolts with backing plates on the back

Please don't mount your downriggers with screws! Use ss bolts with backing plates on the back
Totally agree. But Bearded's locations looks challenging to access without tiny arm or some cirque du Soleil skills

Totally agree. But Bearded's locations looks challenging to access without tiny arm or some cirque du Soleil skills
To be honest that’s where the base plates were mounted when I bought the boat. Haven’t check to see how is mounted. But it is solid. Hung up on bottom a couple times and everything super tight. Will have to investigate one day.

Pretty novice to Area 19 fishing areas in the Sidney Area. Wondering if anyone could share some general Halibut spots? I mean if you want to share your honey hole, i'd be happy to go there but just mainly looking for a general area for halibut!! Thanks in advance!

Back