Crabbed towards island view yesterday 10 female dungees two red rock pretty disappointing to say the least the commercial traps are doing their part by the looks of how many floats are out there

Crabbed towards island view yesterday 10 female dungees two red rock pretty disappointing to say the least the commercial traps are doing their part by the looks of how many floats are out there

I did some crabbing off the spit today, got 8 dungees in 2 hours threw back lots of undersized males and females.

Been out last 3 days jigging the usual haunts with one 8# and a bunch of smallies.. There is bait around just not alot yet ? Can't beat the weather tho !!

Gave Mandarte a 1 hour jig to try and get dinner. Lost a ling at the boat and then 2 nice springs! I would guess 15 lbs and 18lbs. Put up a hell of a fight on my hali rod and both hit on the retrieve to the boat almost at the surface. Apparently they like the Gibbs herring aid power paddle!

Hi Folks, We just moved to North Saanich and are looking to start fishing out of Sidney/Canoe Cove. Can anyone give me some general area guidance on where we might try for bottom fish (Lings, Hali) and where we might troll for chinook and whether to cruise the bottom or fish mid-depth? Not looking to steal anyone's honey hole but am looking for general areas to start, as we learn for ourselves. Thanks in advance. FishPig

Hi Folks, We just moved to North Saanich and are looking to start fishing out of Sidney/Canoe Cove. Can anyone give me some general area guidance on where we might try for bottom fish (Lings, Hali) and where we might troll for chinook and whether to cruise the bottom or fish mid-depth? Not looking to steal anyone's honey hole but am looking for general areas to start, as we learn for ourselves. Thanks in advance. FishPig

Pick up a Sidney Anglers tidebook to start. Its got some good info in it about fishing in Sidney written by Tom Davis.
I'm confused...my understanding of the regs is no retention of any chinook in areas 18 and 19 until at least July 31. Is everyone just catching and releasing salmon?

Picked up nice Ling on Saturday, released about 5 undersize, fishing a couple hours in the wind while camping at Portland Island, yes outside of the rca. Fished hard Sunday with only two undersized to show for it. Put 4 mothers ashore at Sidney spit
Sunday, with a plate of hot cod, 4 paddle boards and they had a great time.

Ling puked up a rock fish and my buddy from the UK is like “that is what we usually fish for in the UK!” He couldn’t believe the size of the ones we were letting go.

three boys got to see there first Ling Cod, good times.

Been out a few times over the last week.. Hit and miss but a few around !!

Attachments

• C38B91EF-0DF9-4006-BC7C-F1E3BB442504.jpeg
    C38B91EF-0DF9-4006-BC7C-F1E3BB442504.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 158
  • 6737E18F-7FBC-4D06-8077-DF2EEFBEB8E6.jpeg
    6737E18F-7FBC-4D06-8077-DF2EEFBEB8E6.jpeg
    243.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 03B088DD-03F1-4122-88BB-9C51565B583C.jpeg
    03B088DD-03F1-4122-88BB-9C51565B583C.jpeg
    259.2 KB · Views: 167
Had the kids out for a quick spin today, stopped at Sidney Spit to drop a trout rod down and see if there were any springs kicking around in the shallows. Sure enough 2 mins of jigging and hooked up. Marked a few on the sounder but didn’t have time to stick around. 30’ of water on the bottom eating needle fish. It was spitting them out at the surface and they were swimming away.

3B209EC1-F3F8-45EF-8434-58D5E7A601C7.jpeg

We left our kiddo at the outlaws and I took wifey out for a cruise. Went for some lings but didn’t get a sniff. I felt better reading the pinnacles and didn’t have any snags or lose anything so that’s a win.

then tried a troll for springs around Moresby. Nada.

crabbing was good with 4 hard dungees
A110D1DF-4A32-4678-BAA4-0618330F3A49.jpeg

Back