2021 Port Renfrew Reports

Pinks showing?
And when does chinook retention start?!

Etu Brutas….
Pink are around, chinook, the 15, although some guides are saying we are going to take it up the a… and won’t open till aug 1, word is it’s going to be good to go on the 15, nothing is 100%

Last edited:
so if they boot out the sporties and guides who will use the marina ???
Port Renfrew is promoted/planned in some circles to be The Next Tofino-helluva jump as anyone who knows the place will tell you-stranger things have happened though.

Property owners see $400/night for hotel rooms in Tofu-town and think they're all going to cash in.

looked at the new whale regs....Was heading there for a couple of days after Aug 15th and looks like 20-3 and 20-4 are closed then. Never fished there so dont know if that critical or not...Seems like a good chunk of water

looked at the new whale regs....Was heading there for a couple of days after Aug 15th and looks like 20-3 and 20-4 are closed then. Never fished there so dont know if that critical or not...Seems like a good chunk of water
Nobody ever fish on that side. 98% go west

Well the fish cooperated this morning for me on opening day. I boated 2 of 3 that I caught in the first few hours. One just shy of 20 and another 18lber. I took the family out for high slack tonight at Camper. Too much kelp in the water to fish in the chop so we headed to East Point for a few passes. My son got one just before we packed it in around 15lbs. Pretty sure we netted it in front of Brutus? Hopefully you found them today.

Well the fish cooperated this morning for me on opening day. I boated 2 of 3 that I caught in the first few hours. One just shy of 20 and another 18lber. I took the family out for high slack tonight at Camper. Too much kelp in the water to fish in the chop so we headed to East Point for a few passes. My son got one just before we packed it in around 15lbs. Pretty sure we netted it in front of Brutus? Hopefully you found them today.
Is Renfrew under the 80cm slot until August 01?

Y
Yes you did,kind of figured it was you, not to many Jaxoncraft around. We did get a couple, bit of a grind but got 2x in the slot limit.

Was in Renfrew for opening today. Beautiful morning, little bit foggy. Starting at East Point. 3 minutes in had a pin popper, peeling line in rigger. Gone! Grrr. Going to be a good day. It was a grind for 2 hours with only a couple other smaller fish. Fished 5am-7:30am. After not much action left for Camper. Should have went there first thing. Dropped in just after Rock pile and trolled with Ebb up to Camper. 5 minutes in landed a beautiful fish 25 lbs plus probably 28 if I was to guess. Awesome fish, hot fish great fight. Got to camper got another one about 22 lbs, another beautiful fish. Both were bright chrome, wild and both released safely back into the water as way over 80cm. I missed the major bite which ended about 8:00am. Trolled for another 1.5 hours and finally got another one about 18lbs wild, still over the 80cm slot, released. Then finally got a 9lb hatchery spring. Then it went quite for about 2 hours, then there was better action. Got a double header, one long line release, and other one was a great fight. 16 lb wild, white spring, bang on 80cm., then had a few 10-12 lbers and a few smaller fish. Overall 8 for 11 on springs not epic, but a great day. I wonder what it would have been if went to camper first thing?

Back