2021 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

I can see the point though, rec sector didn’t go over the allocation, the allocation should hopefully be data and scientific calculation that manages the fisheries, blatantly overfishing the allocation throws the management out the window.

Points have been made about the allocation issue...now it is time to get back to fishing reports here and take up the other conversation in the Conservation section if you so choose.

I’m new here in Alberni and fished sockeye for years. I understand there are big springs that pass through here and there is a derby. I’ve never targeted springs here, but this is my home now so why not. So when are they in? What’s the hot gear? A contractor I had suggested a pink hootchie. I know nothing about the spring fishery in Alberni, please tell me.

I’m new here in Alberni and fished sockeye for years. I understand there are big springs that pass through here and there is a derby. I’ve never targeted springs here, but this is my home now so why not. So when are they in? What’s the hot gear? A contractor I had suggested a pink hootchie. I know nothing about the spring fishery in Alberni, please tell me.
I used to fish there lots back in the days, 12 aug on can be really good, hootchie spoons and chovie all work early morning show, keep your gear 20-50 ft deep, deeper as day progresses

Plugs in the inlet are also reliable. If springs haven't started showing up yet it shouldn't be too much longer. The big derby is Labour Day weekend, not that far away.

They are here now, go get em. Pink hootchies, green and purple haze anchovie, coyote spoons. To name a few.

Hey all, I am just curious, has anyone been catching any springs in the canal yet? If yes, what are you having your luck on? Thanks

I was out today for a few hours. Saw a lot on the sounder, lots of boats, but we didn’t get a sniff and didn’t see any others catching. Also, prawning was terrible, but I really suck at prawning.

Hey all, I am just curious, has anyone been catching any springs in the canal yet? If yes, what are you having your luck on? Thanks
Lost a 20+ and caught a 19 on Saturday. Three other downrigger release trips as well but I think they were sockeye. Caught on white hoochie and lost on coyote cop car

Fun morning until the wind came up pretty early around 10. 5 springs on landed 3, lost a big one just out of net range. Biggest was 23, also 13 and 11.
All on anchovy 40 to 60, tried some metal and hootchy but all they wanted was bait on my boat today.

Attachments

• 20210815_113631.jpg
    20210815_113631.jpg
    572.3 KB · Views: 132
We’re at China Creek now. Kreel guy said it’s been slower the last couple days than it’s been in a while. Two for us Sunday a15 and a 24. One 15 today and lost one that broke my mainline. Saw a few fish caught. No water at the campsite due to a broken pipe so if your coming bring water. Pita. Windy in the morning , many didn’t venture out this morning. Fish being caught at pill. One guy I spoke to caught 8 today.

Back