Hi there. No fishing to report yet but I am looking forward to my visit to Murphys this summer.Perhaps the coho will show up this year. Happy New Year to all and may it be a better year all around than 2020. Stay safe.

Any reports? I’m heading up next week for 4 days. coho? Chinook? hot spots?

Any reports? I’m heading up next week for 4 days. coho? Chinook? hot spots?
I was up there last week. Fishing for springs was a grind our whole trip. It was probably our slowest year when it came to springs. Fishing for all the other species was great though. The road to fair harbour is very good condition. There's still a road block at ehattesaht, but they just ask your standard questions and let you go through with ease.

Thanks for the update @Saveth. I hope some springs come in next week, sounds like it’s slow on the west coast this week.

I was there 2 weeks ago. Salmon were coming in waves to spring island. Get easy limits one day spotty the next. Lots of pinks , coho off shore. Lings we’re great! Hali was good as always.

arriving in Kyuquot tomorrow for five days fishing . How thick or thin are the Springs ? Where best , spring island ?
cohos show yet ?
Thanks
Chuck

I am sure the guys at the lodge will give you some advice but have fished around now a number of times.

Have found springs definitely at spring island, also off Hiast and Grassy Islands for inshore-ish fishing.

Kyuquot reef which is kind of due west of Lookout Island can be good but I have been a few years in early to mid-August and it's been pretty quiet. If you have the boat, out on the highway can be outstanding around now.

I just got back and the Salmon fishing was excellent. Skinny G’s, anchovies, hootchies all produced. There were also more Coho around than in previous years for me.

I am sure the guys at the lodge will give you some advice but have fished around now a number of times.

Have found springs definitely at spring island, also off Hiast and Grassy Islands for inshore-ish fishing.

Kyuquot reef which is kind of due west of Lookout Island can be good but I have been a few years in early to mid-August and it's been pretty quiet. If you have the boat, out on the highway can be outstanding around now.
That’s

Back