2021 Haida Gwaii Reports

Well, im hoping the Haida community gets vaccinations before spring. I would hate to have the island closed again for another season. Last year being closed worked out for me. I fished 2 new areas & loved it.

Fingers crossed!

I’ll be over chasing tuna in august if it opens up

If I am there in August I will be trying the same. You dont have to go to far off the westside either. I heard boats go out 10 miles or less and nail them.

Well, im hoping the Haida community gets vaccinations before spring. I would hate to have the island closed again for another season. Last year being closed worked out for me. I fished 2 new areas & loved it.

Fingers crossed!
I believe they will be starting in the next couple weeks

If I am there in August I will be trying the same. You dont have to go to far off the westside either. I heard boats go out 10 miles or less and nail them.
Let me know the days your are thinking and if you want I’ll set up my trip around the same time get a couple more before boats out there will you be running over from Rupert?

Let me know the days your are thinking and if you want I’ll set up my trip around the same time get a couple more before boats out there will you be running over from Rupert?

My plan is to take the boat over on the Ferry.
I will definitely let you know the days. It would be a fun trip!

I think they can stay closed untill the province lifts the state of emergency it keeps renewing. The state of the emergency power is how they are keeping it locked down

When announcements are made, there will be something to potentially talk about. Not going to derail this thread with speculation and innuendo.

Went out to Haida Gwaii from the 1st to the 6th. It was nice to be back onto the island but ran into a ton of mechanical issues allowing us to only get onto the water for 1 day. Was out at the inlet to Cartwright sound, the wind was relentless making the fishing less than enjoyable but managed to catch a few chinook 2 in the 15-20 lb range and one closer to 8lbs. Lots of bites, the fish must have been running an academy over COVID on how to get off the hook, smart buggers. Didn’t get to any bottom fishing as the wind was too much and time didn’t allow it.

Back