2018 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

No, Half a mile from the border. Lots of wilds to sort through, But still some hatchery fish to be had.
I was on the ferry at 2 today there were a half dozen boats fishing just over the border on us side. what are your rules there now for coho? When is it closed for you guys?

Any word on how they made out at the boarder ? We are allowed one wild now so I booked a couple days off.

I found 2 springs last thursday and a hatch ho last tuesday. Skunked on Monday night and hope to get out this weekend. All on the flats for 1.5 hours from 6pm to sundown. Ug.... we need more light!!!! lol

No, Half a mile from the border. Lots of wilds to sort through, But still some hatchery fish to be had.
are we talking about traditional grounds like constance area towards border? or are we talking Haro straight type border?

Trolled for coho today out past Constance,only hooked 5 in 4 hours,got 2 to the boat,1 hatch,1 wild about 6 lbs.. Beautiful flat calm water and warm.

Spent the evening last night on Constance from 5-6:30. Had a double header but lost both (one at the boat around 8lbs) and eventually landed a 8lb hatch winter spring. A few other boats kept me company and I saw everyone catch something. Beautiful evening with a lot of grey whales just past Constance

Trolled the flats Sat am from 10:30 to 12:30. Was a beautiful calm day out there. Had a great trip. We put 3 in the boat and missed 2. All right on bottom. Biggest was just over 7 lbs.

Attachments

• F9C19DA2-6B4C-4E91-B072-471C9D6884F0.jpeg
    F9C19DA2-6B4C-4E91-B072-471C9D6884F0.jpeg
    317.3 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Irishwolf you must have been in the right place at the right time. I did the flats today 8-12. Tried plastic, AP needle fish and chovies. Bounced the bottom, ran along the ledge No love for this guy. I did see one fish netted for the 5-6 boats. Huge bait balls and the birds were going crazy. Talked to someone at the ramp and he said there was a few being caught out at Constance.

Hey Slack-tider, Sat was definitely a good day. I’m usually out on the miss days so it was a nice change for me. :). All my hits came on coho killers around the 80 ft contour right on bottom. Most of the other boats were off in deeper water.

Last edited:
Back