2015 challenger HELLCAT

jeffywestcoast

[video]http://www.techtimes.com/articles/12589/20140811/jay-leno-checks-out-2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-707-hp-wow.htm
Wow check out this beast 707 hp and 1/4 mile in 10.8 seconds....id like the motor for my 1/2 ton hemi... :)

Definitely not a good way to reduce greenhouse gasses. ;-)

it actual gets better mileage then my p/u due to the supercharger, remember "there is no replacement for displacement"...this motor makes so much horsepower they are considering it for the viper motor.....

UM it's a dodge; don't overdrive... :)

It might run the 1/4 in 10.8 but how fast can it go from Denver to San Francisco - with the aide of Super Soul of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
20 mpg on the hyway... eco car for sure...
Talked to the dealer here in Comox Valley they have one on order.
If you missed the 60's / 70's muscle era, this is the car for you.
Me I'll pass. Been there done that.
If I did have the extra coin I would put one in the garage for future sale.

it also the fastest and most powerful production car on the planet.. did I mention 707 HP and 650 foot lbs of torque.. also it comes with a stickshift or and 8 speed auto that can shift faster then humanly possibly to shift manually...don't be a stick in the MUDD... this car completely rules in all stats including price $65,000.. I am not getting one but DAMN.... one can dream..

maybe if I had two VW's or three... funny you say that cause VW just invited me to test-drive the new 2015 golf on a closed course racetrack in Vancouver, pretty cool id say..

VW Golf on a racetrack--now there is something exciting!
, you wouldn't think so but them new golfs are fast! I had one for a week this year after piling up my hemi..the GTI is extremely fast.. Not to sidetrack, that Challenger hellcat is sick fast and I would jump at the chance to take one of them for a spin.

Meh, see how it lines up against a Gt500 with slicks on both after about 100 passes. I'll take a solid rear axle thank you.

--The C7 corvette has no governor and is shown to have a top speed of 215 mph...I think that is faster than the hellcat although the distinction between North American Muscle car and North American sports car could support your argument.
--
Nice car and considered the fastest North American made muscle car?

For 0 to 60MPH, I bet the Tesla Roadster will win (0-60 in 3.7s) - but it would be close. In the quarter mile, the Hellcat takes it.

--The C7 corvette has no governor and is shown to have a top speed of 215 mph...
--

Not that it matters but I'm pretty sure that the C7 will not hit 215mph (more like 190 on a good day which is still pretty darn fast). Curious where you read that.

went to Ron Fellows race school for 2114 Z51 owners--http://www.springmountainmotorsports.com/
top speed stock on the dyno was 192 MPH and race prepped (tires/wheels/aero tweeked/blueprinted for clearances and cam timing/computer changes for track condition)depending on atmosphere conditions was over 200 and they felt 215 would be the limit in Florida factoring below sea level baro pressure and correct humidity. They were not doing 215 in Nevada, but these guys are pretty knowledgeable--lol my bad by saying "shown" when I should have said possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back