2013 Sproat Lake Loggers Derby

Okay,change of plans. Were no longer sleeping in the boat, we have one of the atco trailers at seabeam and were heading up friday afternoon. Tidal chaos where are you guys staying?

Okay,change of plans. Were no longer sleeping in the boat, we have one of the atco trailers at seabeam and were heading up friday afternoon. Tidal chaos where are you guys staying?

Probably a little more comfy in case the weather doesn't co-op. Your not to far away so it will be easier to hook up.

Next door to the Beam; at Whitey's house. I was wondering why he changed his plans to go up Friday early; we should be there by 5pm, we will either come over and have a beer or you are welcome to come over to the house for a few. There are a few of us in the house this year but we will see you up there!

fellas
my most reliable weather source shows , Thursday n Friday outflow winds ta 25k , heavy rain , Sat cloudy with rain in the morning , ending by noon , then clearing by the evening , and gorgeous sunny, with light winds on Sunday and Monday ,
oh and Tuesday too !! for us that are still there : )

hv fun , c ya there perhaps

fd

Myself and a couple buddies are in for the derby as well, fishing out of a Kingfisher 2525 called "Reel Loco" see you folks out there and maybe get to have a pint or two put some faces to names good luck everyone!

Myself and a couple buddies are in for the derby as well, fishing out of a Kingfisher 2525 called "Reel Loco" see you folks out there and maybe get to have a pint or two put some faces to names good luck everyone!

We'll look out for you guy's for sure.

Thanks for the forecast F.D. I'll wear black - a wet suit - for the occasion.
Looking forward to the Derby and to seeing a few other forum folks out there.
Good luck!

We're loading up and on the move shortly.
See everyone out there, Weather sounds kind of ****** for the first bit, but if what we have now holds a bit longer, it will be great. Port has minor breeze so the run out should be good. La Perouse winds are up, wave height down from last night and easterly, which shouldn't hurt us inside too much.
Good luck to all, weather wise and of course fish wise.

So the latest forecast looks good for Sat morning. I'm thinking that will be the best time for fishing close to the outside edge. Friday might be a little "kidney pounding" on the way up though..lol

West Coast Vancouver Island South.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots increasing to south 30 to 35 late
overnight. Rain at times heavy and fog patches.

Today Tonight and Friday
Seas 3 metres building to 4 Friday morning.

Saturday
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to northwest 30 late in the day.

Sunday
Wind northwest 20 to 30 knots.

Wet
Windy
Weekend

See y'all out there! Let's get this season started!

Bamfield and Port Alberni webcams look wet but the water looks calm, leaving the house around noon...YEEHAAAAAA

I'm not worried about wind. Lot's of places to fish inside. Buoyweather says calm inside all weekend. Leaving around noon as well. See you out there Gary. Wooohoooo!!!!

I'm leaving Nanaimo around noon as well, AMPED to say the least!

watch urself guys , its nasty here now , rained harder than ive seen in a years , almost sunk my boat last night lol,
shes blowin pretty good still , the whole nook is brown from the flooded creeks , gonna guess the road comin in took a beating , take your time , suppose ta get better tomorrow as per my earlier forecast , sunny sunday ta tues,,, im stayin in today , few whack jobs out there fishin right now , gross , blowin sideways right now lol

stay safe

fd

Likely lots of debris getting pumped out of Nahmint etc, going to have to keep a close eye out for prop candy transitting the canal.

Take your time in the inlet, boys...f'n near sunk after hitting a log running out to this derby 3 years ago. With this ****** weather there will likely be deadheads everywhere.
Not making it this year :(
May drive out and fish Sun morning with a buddy who's out there.

Have fun!

Points well taken folks. We will be taking it easy on the ride out. Don't want to start the weekend off with a bent prop or worse a blown lower unit.

Back